Notices

Thread: My L plate fell off...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: My L plate fell off... 
    Quote Originally Posted by maikeru83
    [quote author=Swanny link=1344840062/4#4 date=1344853195]My solution to the L plate problem was to take my test and throw them in the bin
    Do you think it would be wise to take the test 3 weeks after passing my CBT?
    [/quote]

Sure you can, I took my Full A2 test two weeks after passing my CBT having had no previous experience with bikes then jumped on a restricted CBR600F two years ago... Passed first time
    '12 NC700X

2. Re: My L plate fell off... 
    Quote Originally Posted by Advrider
    [quote author=maikeru83 link=1344840062/5#5 date=1344854024][quote author=Swanny link=1344840062/4#4 date=1344853195]My solution to the L plate problem was to take my test and throw them in the bin
    [/quote]

Sure you can, I took my Full A2 test two weeks after passing my CBT having had no previous experience with bikes then jumped on a restricted CBR600F two years ago... Passed first time
    [/quote]

That's certainly impressive! It took me two weeks to stop soiling my underwear every time I went round a roundabout in the wet! ;D

I feel I definitely need to work on my low-speed manoeuvres before I start thinking about doing the full test. I'm humble enough to admit that I'm not very good yet!

3. Re: My L plate fell off... 
    [quote author=Advrider link=1344840062/10#10 date=1344865860][quote author=maikeru83 link=1344840062/5#5 date=1344854024][quote author=Swanny link=1344840062/4#4 date=1344853195]My solution to the L plate problem was to take my test and throw them in the bin
    [/quote]

[/quote]

That's certainly impressive! It took me two weeks to stop soiling my underwear every time I went round a roundabout in the wet! ;D

I feel I definitely need to work on my low-speed manoeuvres before I start thinking about doing the full test. I'm humble enough to admit that I'm not very good yet! [/quote]

Then get out and practice what you hate the most, just be sure to take your test this year if you feel ready enough and before the winter kicks in! :
    '12 NC700X

4. Re: My L plate fell off... 
    Banned
    I noticed how good I am at slow speed U turns the other day, I was quite proud of myself 8-)

5. Re: My L plate fell off... 
    Quote Originally Posted by Advrider
    just be sure to take your test this year if you feel ready enough and before the winter kicks in!
    and before johnny foreigner takes over the test rules in january

6. Re: My L plate fell off... 
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo
    [quote author=Advrider link=1344840062/12#12 date=1344875649]just be sure to take your test this year if you feel ready enough and before the winter kicks in!
    and before johnny foreigner takes over the test rules in january [/quote]
    Aye, that too *cough* Able training are good *cough*
    In loving memory of Mikkie Mahon 8th May 1986 - 28th September 2014. Taken too soon, ride free x
    “I WILL be a story in your head, but that’s ok. We are all stories in the end, just make yours a good one, eh?”

7. Re: My L plate fell off... 
    Did my tests 5 days after the CBT, can be done. As said its easiest way to sort the plate out. Failing that, politely ask blade to have a look at it
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

8. Re: My L plate fell off... 
    Diamond Member
    [quote author=Swanny link=1344840062/4#4 date=1344853195]My solution to the L plate problem was to take my test and throw them in the bin
    [/quote]

If your instructor thinks your ready & your confident why not ? Do it before the winter & before the changes

9. Re: My L plate fell off... 
    i agree about doing your bike test, im 18 and passed my A2 license in June this year, best thing i ever done, ditched my '09 RS125 for an '06 Z750. but i was very confident, and thats the key to passing your test ,confidence. get out and practice the stuff you dislike, then get it booked up

but in reply to your question, just pop in and tell them the bolts worked loose, (im assuming this is swindons "blade honda" if so) mike shouldnt have a problem with fitting a new one

10. Re: My L plate fell off... 
    It's ok now, I managed to stick on another L plate using some cable ties I "borrowed" from work. Got to dust off the power drill too! Probably a bit overkill for putting two little holes in the number plate, but it was a man moment nonetheless! ;D