Notices

Thread: Ear plugs

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: Ear plugs 
    Diamond Member
    Never use ear plugs as I like to hear my high quality sound system and I bought the quietest of quiet helmets ;D I'll more likely go deaf from the rock'n roll not the windnoise or exhaust note. Plus I've never understood peeps who want a nice fruity sounding can coz it sounds good and then put earplugs in :-?

2. Re: Ear plugs 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wesrrw
    Always ride with plugs in mate, too loud without em, i can get some decent plugs from work if you want to try them, its also in the fitment, they need to go right into the ear with little showing, hope this helps
    That would be great thanks

I don't think I would wear them all the time, just on longer journeys

3. Re: Ear plugs 
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWGraeme
    Never use ear plugs as I like to hear my high quality sound system and I bought the quietest of quiet helmets ;D I'll more likely go deaf from the rock'n roll not the windnoise or exhaust note. Plus I've never understood peeps who want a nice fruity sounding can coz it sounds good and then put earplugs in :-?

Pardon

4. Re: Ear plugs 
    I've ridden with ear plugs in since 1987, the only time I don't bother with them is when off-roading as I'm not travelling fast enough for wind noise to be an issue, but always use them all the time on road or track.
    I've tried most types over the years (except the made-to-measure ones) and the ones I like best are the yellow & pink ones (no idea of the brand name), and in addition to Ken's tips for inserting them, when you've rolled them into a thin "stick", lick before inserting as they slide into place much more easily and don't scrunch up due to friction in your earhole.

People often claim not to wear earplugs because they "want to hear the bike", which in reality is bollocks as all you can hear over 70-odd is wind roar, and it's at a level that you wouldn't be allowed to work in without ear protection, so do yourselves a favour peeps, save your hearing...
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

5. Re: Ear plugs 
    Swanny, I've used the Alpine Music safe ear plugs for several years. They're just like the motosafe ones you linked to, but aimed at musicians - you get 3 filters instead of 2 which is a bonus.

I use the medium for the bike and high for gigs and clubs (and loud bikes!). I even use the low filter at the cinema as I find it too loud ;D
    100 Japanese horses now unmuzzled! Derestricted hooliganism has commenced...

6. Re: Ear plugs 
    I find The ones they sell in GM Stevens are damn good. Couple of quid for a tube, money well spent.
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

7. Re: Ear plugs 
    I always use them on long journeys and when I remember on short ones too. I got mine on fleabay, bag of 30 pairs, I think, for around £8

Pardon? ;D
    In loving memory of Mikkie Mahon 8th May 1986 - 28th September 2014. Taken too soon, ride free x
    “I WILL be a story in your head, but that’s ok. We are all stories in the end, just make yours a good one, eh?”

8. Re: Ear plugs 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWGraeme

Did you not notice how ugly some of the factory fitted exhausts are to meet new emission laws Graeme? My Fazer exhaust epitomized ugliness for me.

I wouldn’t be too happy if Cheryl Cole jumped in to the bed next to me wearing a Burka.
    [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Off topic I know, but hope you got the BM sorted. What was it?

9. Re: Ear plugs 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by monday21
    [quote author=BMWGraeme link=1344855381/10#10 date=1344877475]Never use ear plugs as I like to hear my high quality sound system and I bought the quietest of quiet helmets ;D I'll more likely go deaf from the rock'n roll not the windnoise or exhaust note. Plus I've never understood peeps who want a nice fruity sounding can coz it sounds good and then put earplugs in :-?

Did you not notice how ugly some of the factory fitted exhausts are to meet new emission laws Graeme? My Fazer exhaust epitomized ugliness for me.

I wouldn’t be too happy if Cheryl Cole jumped in to the bed next to me wearing a Burka.
    [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Off topic I know, but hope you got the BM sorted. What was it?[/quote]

As far as looks are concerned I completely agree. Just back from the garage and it looks like the Power Commander has given up the ghost and its 15 months old so out of warranty. Should have stuck with BMW issue after all ;D I have just removed it and put the fuel injection back to standard and the engine's running like a peach. I'm going to have a play with the diagnostics pc to make sure but that seems to be what failed

10. Re: Ear plugs 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty
    I've ridden with ear plugs in since 1987, the only time I don't bother with them is when off-roading as I'm not travelling fast enough for wind noise to be an issue, but always use them all the time on road or track.
    I've tried most types over the years (except the made-to-measure ones) and the ones I like best are the yellow & pink ones (no idea of the brand name), and in addition to Ken's tips for inserting them, when you've rolled them into a thin "stick", lick before inserting as they slide into place much more easily and don't scrunch up due to friction in your earhole.

People often claim not to wear earplugs because they "want to hear the bike", which in reality is bollocks as all you can hear over 70-odd is wind roar, and it's at a level that you wouldn't be allowed to work in without ear protection, so do yourselves a favour peeps, save your hearing...
    Sound advice I can only echo. Sometimes I feel isolated at social gatherings due to my defective hearing caused mainly by subjecting my ears to high noise levels for long periods. Can be frustrating.
    That’s why I enjoy writing so much because it enables me to engage with others on a level playing field.