Notices

Thread: Bike buying sites

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Bike buying sites 
    Forums is always a good way to go, you can often pick up better examples for a similar price to that of a dealer.
    I bought the Senna off a forum and looking at prices now I robbed the guy blind with how much I paid for it!
    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

http://tbex.co.uk/

2. Re: Bike buying sites 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dipple666
    Forums is always a good way to go, you can often pick up better examples for a similar price to that of a dealer.
    I bought the Senna off a forum and looking at prices now I robbed the guy blind with how much I paid for it!
    Yes, agreed. I bought my GS from a forum member and what was really useful for me is that I could review his previous posts on the forum. This gave me an idea of the sort of rider he was and how he treated his bike. There had been no mention of any accidents or incidents with the bike and that really does help with the confidence factor. When I bought mine it was 11 months old with 2K on the clock and I got it for £3.5K less that the list price with 13 months BMW warranty and Roadside Assist still left to run. I was lucky to be first in the queue as he was offered £600 more than his asking price by someone without looking at it. Because it was on the forum I think this also helped with the owner staying with me as the buyer rather than go with a higher bidder.

3. Re: Bike buying sites 
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWGraeme
    Yes, agreed. I bought my GS from a forum member and what was really useful for me is that I could review his previous posts on the forum. This gave me an idea of the sort of rider he was and how he treated his bike. There had been no mention of any accidents or incidents with the bike and that really does help with the confidence factor.
    Conehead, just be wary of new forum members. I don't want to blanket all newbies but if they have only recently joined and are selling the bike ask the question why? My mate almost learnt this the hard way when he was looking for a ktm rc8, the bike looked good and sounded good but was thrashed within an inch of its life with no service history. Nothing like the guy had put on the forum, usual fsh low mileage v good condition. I cracked up when we took the oil cap off and it was that milky it could have passed semi skimmed. 3 years and no oil change, scary to say the least.
    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

http://tbex.co.uk/

4. Re: Bike buying sites 
    Also try Preloved.

kj

5. Re: Bike buying sites 
    Trade it or Ebay.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

6. Re: Bike buying sites 
    Thanks for all the advice, got one now and picking her up on Sat. Cant wait. 8-) 8-) 8-)
    When it's your time to go it's your time, so don't let it catch you.