Notices

Thread: Re: new motorcycle mot centre in Melksham

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: new motorcycle mot centre in Melksham 
    Diamond Member
    As it's a New Business venture, bit tricky to offer discounted prices. Perhaps build up a solid customer base & offer a discount to customers on a repeat business.

2. Re: new motorcycle mot centre in Melksham 
    Quote Originally Posted by GixxerStu
    As it's a New Business venture, bit tricky to offer discounted prices. Perhaps build up a solid customer base & offer a discount to customers on a repeat business.
    I disagree its a strategy used successfully by many new businesses.

Personally I think great service with a friendly approach is of much greater importance than a bit of discount.

3. Re: new motorcycle mot centre in Melksham 
    you say ive lost one customer here,your one customer i wouldnt want any way

4. Re: new motorcycle mot centre in Melksham 
    Quote Originally Posted by taliesin
    Business pretty good right now then

5. Re: new motorcycle mot centre in Melksham 
    Ok peeps, I see this thread is going slightly downhill....play nicely please.

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

6. Re: new motorcycle mot centre in Melksham 
    Did have a smile when I read at the time some joker wanted a discount on an MOT which is around 25 groats anyway :

Very happy to recommend Taliesin as have had superb service at short notice for an MOT and will certainly go back.

'D' is only offered on bulk or transactions that price can be reduced---- one poxy mot is not in that category :
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

7. Re: new motorcycle mot centre in Melksham 
    Diamond Member
    The original post on this thread did not specifically mention MOT discounts....it was on engine oils etc.

I get a discount at my MOT centre.......they want to encourage bikers to go there. Its not a WB discount though.

8. Re: new motorcycle mot centre in Melksham 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ninja_richie
    Ok peeps, I see this thread is going slightly downhill....play nicely please.
    Noted Richie, although I do find it really strange that anybody running a business would drag up a six month old thread just to insult a forum member in public !

:

9. Re: new motorcycle mot centre in Melksham 
    Quote Originally Posted by taliesin
    I'm not naive enough to think for one moment that my custom will effect your business.

Again as I said earlier you could have answered what was a very genuine question asked (after you mentioned offering Wiltshire Bikers a discount) that you couldnt offer any discounts but could assure forum members of excellent service etc., etc.

The truly sad thing is that as a new business you have wasted a good opportunity to promote your business for free in a positive way to a fairly large local market.

I personally think your response has been quite rude but enough said and people will make their own judgements.

All the very best to you

10. Re: new motorcycle mot centre in Melksham 
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWGraeme
    The original post on this thread did not specifically mention MOT discounts....it was on engine oils etc.

I get a discount at my MOT centre.......they want to encourage bikers to go there. Its not a WB discount though.
    :-[ whoops oh yeah but my 'd' comment still applies.

An MOT discount just for you Snowy or is the MOT priced lower for all ?

Common knowledge price varies from place to place with different offers on the go.

Anyway good that there is a place in 'Sham for bike MOT as Missens was not always available recently.
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!