Notices

Thread: Motorbike Crash help

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: Motorbike Crash help 
    Platinum Member
    You were going too fast, braked too hard and crashed your motorcycle.

Simples! Had fk all to do with the road surface?? Dont take up Motocross FFS! ;D

2. Re: Motorbike Crash help 
    Diamond Member
    I'm afraid that if you lost control by using the front brake whilst banked over, its going to be 100% your fault. Sorry. You have already gone past the dip in the road anyway. I did the same 30 odd years ago so don't feel too bad. You learn from it.

3. Re: Motorbike Crash help 
    Diamond Member
    470Four - you're a 40 year old experienced motorcyclist, Ash is 21 and learning. He only hurt himself and his bank balance. He's just trying to understand what went wrong - give the guy a break huh?

4. Re: Motorbike Crash help 
    Platinum Member
    ? He asked for our opinion and got it. Truth hurts...

Not expecting a placard demonstration over this one...

5. Re: Motorbike Crash help 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 470four
    ? He asked for our opinion and got it. Truth hurts...

Not expecting a placard demonstration over this one...
    Yeah, but like me you did misinterpret the diagram and you then jumped to whole load of incorrect conclusions ;D So your "truth" may infact not be the truth Peace out ;D

6. Re: Motorbike Crash help 
    Some of the above comments are totally out of order, and uncalled for, we are all in the biking world together, and on this forum to help and advise one another, so if you can't help the lad or try and give him some of your knowledge ......keep your thoughts to yourself please!

( cleaned up version) :-X

7. Re: Motorbike Crash help 
    Quote Originally Posted by ninja_zx6r
    Some of the above comments are totally out of order, and uncalled for, we are all in the biking world together, and on this forum to help and advise one another, so if you can't help the lad or try and give him some of your knowledge ......keep your thoughts to yourself please!

( cleaned up version) :-X

+1
    Give the lad a break.

8. Re: Motorbike Crash help 
    Nicely said Kev
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

9. Re: Motorbike Crash help 
    Platinum Member
    Ash,
    I do sympathise with you But in the 12 odd years riding a motorcycle with a full licence I can't tuthfully ever remember a 'dip' being there

Having said that I'm a blind fecker at the best of times and perhaps never noticed it before.

As for the council, Stick to you're guns mate and let it go all the way and they will cave in eventually, I know as I have recently won a personal injury claim with them after they finally admitted liability after the solicitor started court proceedures

10. Re: Motorbike Crash help 
    Calling someone a 'retard' after they've just binned their bike is pretty low.

Anyway I doubt you'll see any compensation from the council. I think it's fair to say you mis-read the road and over braked causing the bike to stand up. This is pure physics and a completely natural reaction by you.
    Until you understand the cause and effect of your input into the bike, might I suggest you go a little steady.

I had a horendous tankslapper caused by an uneven road, that resulted in me skidding down the road on my arse. If i'd been doing the speed limit it wouldn't have happened. Lesson learned. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]