Notices

Thread: New era for 400cc sports bikes?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. New era for 400cc sports bikes? 
    Has anyone heard the rumour that Honda are looking to produce a 400cc version of the CBR?

Apparently there was an article in a Japanese magazine claiming that Honda is due to bring back the CBR400R in order to offer a wider choice to customers

I guess that this would be a good fit in between the 250 and 600 for those wanting to move to an out and out racer, or even for those with the new style A2 licence coming in next year

It all seems to be rumours at the moment but if it's true then I'm not convinced that it would replicate the world of 400's from the mid 90's :-/

2. Re: New era for 400cc sports bikes? 
    would be good if they're 400cc two strokes

3. Re: New era for 400cc sports bikes? 
    Would be an ideal place to hit the market as there is currently nothing out there that is new. This may be influenced by the new test, but will it be docile and easy to ride or not for newbies.
    The market seems to go through phases, but I would be tempted to buy Caz a CBR400r if it as small as the pocket rockets of the 90s.
    Guessing they are going to go down the inline 4 route rather than a V twin?
    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

http://tbex.co.uk/

4. Re: New era for 400cc sports bikes? 
    the rumours would seem to suggest a parallel twin but I'm hoping for a 4 8-)

5. Re: New era for 400cc sports bikes? 
    Hope they are low enough!

5 ft 3 and all I can mainly fit on are cruisers!

6. Re: New era for 400cc sports bikes? 
    I expect this is probably something to do with the new categories for learning riders

Since next year you cant go above 400cc until the age of 24

7. Re: New era for 400cc sports bikes? 
    if rumors are true and they are planing on building another 400, then hopefully they will go down the in-line 4 route and make it worthwhile building, i have veered away from v-twins after riding an SV-650 -_- was the most underwhelming ride of my life...............and im only 18 lol ;D ;D ;D ;D

8. Re: New era for 400cc sports bikes? 
    Fo a new rider the twin would be a better option..... I'd prefer the twin to a 18k screamer.....
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

9. Re: New era for 400cc sports bikes? 
    Banned
    400 Four 8-)

10. Re: New era for 400cc sports bikes? 
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo
    Has anyone heard the rumour that Honda are looking to produce a 400cc version of the CBR?

Apparently there was an article in a Japanese magazine claiming that Honda is due to bring back the CBR400R in order to offer a wider choice to customers

I guess that this would be a good fit in between the 250 and 600 for those wanting to move to an out and out racer, or even for those with the new style A2 licence coming in next year

It all seems to be rumours at the moment but if it's true then I'm not convinced that it would replicate the world of 400's from the mid 90's :-/
    Stick 4 of them together and you're just short of the capacity of an MT-01