Notices

Thread: MOTO GP

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
  1. Re: MOTO GP 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty
    [quote author=NoYou link=1300576794/178#178 date=1316344594]Reviving this thread after the first proper race of the season comes out of Moto2.....
    This must be the first race you've watched then Geo, aside from the habitual MotoGP procession behind Stoner there have been plenty of good races in the 125 and Moto2 classes this season :[/quote]
    There have been very few that have been memorable tbh, there have been a couple of close races but its always been between the same 3-4 people and have for the most part been quite predictable.

2. Re: MOTO GP 
    Platinum Member
    Moto 2 - what a great race today was!
    More interesting than the GP!
    Go....go....go... Bautista

3. Re: MOTO GP 
    Quote Originally Posted by NoYou
    [quote author=Scotty link=1300576794/179#179 date=1316357973][quote author=NoYou link=1300576794/178#178 date=1316344594]Reviving this thread after the first proper race of the season comes out of Moto2.....
    This must be the first race you've watched then Geo, aside from the habitual MotoGP procession behind Stoner there have been plenty of good races in the 125 and Moto2 classes this season :[/quote]
    There have been very few that have been memorable tbh, there have been a couple of close races but its always been between the same 3-4 people and have for the most part been quite predictable. [/quote]
    Yeah watching Brad Smith swapping places every lap to grab a podium was boring as f#ck! ;D

4. Re: MOTO GP 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_geoghegan
    [quote author=NoYou link=1300576794/180#180 date=1316358874][quote author=Scotty link=1300576794/179#179 date=1316357973][quote author=NoYou link=1300576794/178#178 date=1316344594]Reviving this thread after the first proper race of the season comes out of Moto2.....
    There have been very few that have been memorable tbh, there have been a couple of close races but its always been between the same 3-4 people and have for the most part been quite predictable. [/quote]
    Yeah watching Brad Smith swapping places every lap to grab a podium was boring as f#ck! ;D[/quote]
    I'm not saying the rest of the season has been boring i'm just saying that most of the races have been very slit up and the question has only been which one of those 2 will come out on top not which 3 of those 10 will come out on top! which for me makes it much more fun to watch that just seeing 2 or 3 people slog it out to come out on top

5. Re: MOTO GP 
    Bradley Smith was offered the Tech3 ride in MotoGP and turned it down.. :-?

6. Re: MOTO GP 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SupeRDel
    Bradley Smith was offered the Tech3 ride in MotoGP and turned it down.. :-?
    Fairplay to him - it would have been easy to go straight into Moto GP, but opting to get more experience, and hopefully a championship behind him takes a lot of guts and maturity.

Best of luck to him for next season, and hopefully when he does comethrough to the premier class, he'll be much better for it.

Besides, next year will be mostly testing for the teams to get data. Everyone is going into it with no idea what's going to happen, and the claiming rules should make things interesting. I still don't really understand how it works, other than if a team wins, another team can buy the engine and the winning team can't say no.... Something along those lines.... Maybe someone can confirm/explain better?

7. Re: MOTO GP 
    Most of the teams have been testing 2012 bikes since the start of the year. I have photos of Rossi on the new Ducati back from April

8. Re: MOTO GP 
    I spoke to Bradleys manager yesterday - they were still negotiating.

New news......

Bradley Smith has signed a new deal with Tech 3, which will see the Englishman remain in Moto2 next year - then move to the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 MotoGP team for 2013 and 2014.

The 20-year-old Englishman, a former 125cc title contender, has taken three podiums in his first Moto2 season, including a best of second position in his home race at Silverstone.

Smith has also claimed four other top six finishes and with four rounds of the campaign left, he remains firmly in the hunt for third position in the overall standings.

“I am thrilled to have signed a three-year deal with the Tech 3 Racing Team and I am looking forward to continuing the excellent relationship we've developed in 2011," said Smith.

9. Re: MOTO GP 

Not watched the race from Sepang as I was away at the weekend. I have no desire to watch it now. Felt sick to the core when I heard the news on Sunday, such a tragic way to lose a young rising star.

Marco Simoncelli was a fantastic racer, born with something extra, a talent to ride, a passion for bikes and a pleasure to watch race. I for one will miss him greatly. He was my Rossi in waiting. He made Moto GP a thrill to watch.

A quote from Matt Roberts sums it up - 'Motorcycle racing brought Marco Simoncelli to his death but it also brought him to life and you can rest assured that he would not have lived it any other way'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/mattrober..._of_marco.html

R.I.P Marco, #58 will be missed by all.

Roxy xx

10. Re: MOTO GP 

Valencia - Last race of the season is upon us and it's been a very strange one this year.

Congrats to Stoner for taking the title, really wanted to see a bit more of a battle for it but hey ho. The Honda came out of the blocks on fire this year so I was not really that surprised.

Lorenzo, pity he has missed the last few races due to injury, really wanted to see it go down to the wire with Stoner but it was not meant to be.

Have enjoyed watching Crutchlow, when he can stay on the thing! Let's hope he continues to improve next year.

Bautista has impressed me so I hope he continues next year.

My boy was disappointing, one thing after another and to be honest it was over before it started as he never really bonded with the ducati this year - too many issues but I have high hopes for him still and will always remain true to team 46 so look forward to seeing him next year and hope it's a better one!

Capirossi will be retiring after this race, I do love Loris. He has been battered and beaten and he still kept going - but his time has come to stop and enjoy his family...just a shame he never got his 100th Podium (unless he races like a demon this weekend??!). I'm really touched that he wants to ride with #58 for his last race, a lovely tribute.

Valencia will be emotional for everyone and I am sure it will be very hard for those who were close friends with Simoncelli. I am, in a way, glad we only have one race left. His death was a terrible accident and I am sure we will all miss watching him race regardless of whether you liked him or not, he was a great racer and I'm sure his spirit will remain.

For me he had style, he rode with aggression and at times he was hounded for it but to me that's racing, his desire to be the best was obvious and I loved to watch him battle and mix it up with the others. He was a Champion in waiting in my eyes and Moto Gp will be a quiet place without him.

Here's to next year, a few changes with bikes up to 1000cc, teams and riders. I look forward to it but I also hope and pray it's a safe season and that we never have to witness another tragedy like we did at Sepang.

Roxy xxx