Notices

Thread: MOTO GP

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
  1. Re: MOTO GP 
    I think that Rossi's comparative "troubles" on the Ducati show just what a damn good rider Stoner actually is... Rossi's managed a single podium on a bike that Stoner would win on regularly, and that was gifted to him at Le Mans by Pedrosa crashing and Simoncelli getting a ride-through penalty. I imagine he's finding it a lot more difficult than he expected to, and he's probably developed a new-found respect for Stoner and what he actually achieved on the thing...
    I didn't see today's qualifying, was it wet?
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

2. Re: MOTO GP 
    Diamond Member
    Looked dry to me, but I was only half watching it as I was working in the background...

3. Re: MOTO GP 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Squashed_Fly
    Has the goat had his day? I hope not, but considering how he transformed the Yamaha into a winning bike from it's first race, you'd think he would be a little more competitive by now on the Duke... Plenty of time has gone by now and they've ridden it in all conditions so should have found good settings if he can at all.
    The thing with rossi is a lot of his ability is in getting the bike set up properly, yes he's an amazing rider too, you can't get to be a 9 time champ without being, but with the yam, he started with a competative bike and made it amazing whereas with the pukeati he's started with a bike that wasn't working... on any level, it only did what it did last year because Stoner was riding it, look where Hayden was last year on the same bike!
    The way I think they're trying to work it is by writing this year off as a flop and getting the 2012 bike tuned to perfection with the info from this year, by the end of this season nobody is going to be taking much notice of the dukes because they're not really a threat and then suddenly next year they'll come back with a suprise attack, while everyone else has been focoused on this season duke have been focoused on next so have a years head start.
    Geo

4. Re: MOTO GP 
    ;D ;D ;D I very much doubt that is going to be the case G3o ;D ;D
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

5. Re: MOTO GP 
    Platinum Member
    I think Geo's right, Ducati have realised they stand little chance of any more podiums this year so are starting to concentrate on next year's bike to get a head start.
    www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk - Protection through innovation

6. Re: MOTO GP 
    :-? you can bet your bottom dollar that all the other teams are also 'on the case' for next season with the litre engines not just our Ducati friends
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

7. Re: MOTO GP 
    ;D ;D ;D ;D Assen ;D ;D ;D ;D

Big Hair 'n Lorenzo on 4th corner .... totally roflmfao!!!!!..but superb ride from Lorenzo after. Spies gifted nearly 3 secs and added to advantage throughout for a great 7.7 sec , and overdue, win. With this it'll give him a good boost for rest of races.

Further to comments on Ducati it appears they are now using next years frame anyway :-?

8. Re: MOTO GP 
    New/old Yam paint scheme is proper lush!!

Stu 8-)
    Anyone fancy a pint?

9. Re: MOTO GP 
    Pleased with 4th for my boy [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] This year we will mainly be testing next years bike I think Mr Ducati LOL. Gutted for Cal though, I bet he was really pissed off > Cracking ride by Spies, having been gifted the 3 second lead after the spill between Marco & Lorenzo (am I allowed to put a smiley on here now??? ;D > 8-) :-? : :P :-[ :-X :-/ :-* :'( LOL...my God, I bet Lorenzo does not shut up about that for weeks!!!) he managed to keep the gap with ease and a bit more! Great Podium for him. Stoner awesome as ever (I still don't like him ;D) but he had a great ride with Dovi for the Hondas, not much is going to stop them this year I fear :

Had to laugh at Lorenzo riding straight past his garage in Pit Lane...what a tool!!!!! ;D

Bring on Mugello!!! GO ROSSI GO!

Roxy

10. Re: MOTO GP 
    Quote Originally Posted by StreetHippo
    New/old Yam paint scheme is proper lush!!

Stu 8-)
    +1

For the r1, no paint scheme can cover up that hideous (imo!) front and rear, but putting that colour scheme on the prod bikes wouldn't do any harm.