Notices

Thread: MOTO GP

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
  1. Re: MOTO GP 
    Quote Originally Posted by GixxerStu
    errr hmmmm getting back to the race... :

Love him or not Casey is a bloody good rider of a motorcycle. He's the only 1 so far that can ride that Ducati & get the best out of it. He made the best of the conditions.
    Yeah 100% spot on Monster. OK he is somewhat 'divaesque' but absolutely no denying he is on a superior level.

The Rossi saga is very interesting at this stage of the season in that he still says the bike isn't 'right' and is wallowing around 6/7 place which after Lorenzo winning last year must rankle him more than he is letting known I would suspect.

OK he got apparently £10 million but at his age time is not on his side at this level and a less than competitive bike is not going to 'encourage' his continued involvement. If things do not change pdq it is a serious possibility that he could call it a day imo. He most certainly cannot wish to become an also ran/number at the level of Capirossi/di Puniet.

Perhaps the change to litre bikes may infuse some more competitive racing but the way MotoGP is heading is definitely downhill imho.

Simply look at what is presented to race.........Stoner 'n Lorenzo then what ??????? an ageing Italian, a small bloke who has now disappeared, bloke with Big Hair who falls off, some old blokes scratching around in the limelight, and a couple of 'possibles' who aren't really too bothered cos they get a good wedge as being on a factory bike..............it is quite simply dismal :'(
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

2. Re: MOTO GP 
    As I am in Wales this weekend and won't get to see the race on Saturday.....

GO ROSSI GO!!!

Good to see Crutchlow doing well in QP too

Roxy
    Rossi fan (but I also like Simoncelli/Edwards/Crutchlow/Spies/Caparossi/Hayden too ;D)

other moto gp thread available at http://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/cgi...num=1300382722

3. Re: MOTO GP 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by roxychick
    As I am in Wales this weekend and won't get to see the race on Saturday.....
    GO ROSSI GO!!!
    Good to see Crutchlow doing well in QP too
    Roxy

Rossi fan (but I also like Simoncelli/Edwards/Crutchlow/Spies/Caparossi/Hayden too ;D)

Other Moto GP thread available at [url]http://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1300382722
    Not sure which one he is K, is that the one that trundles around on a Ducati, used to be very good when he was young I think I remember ;D

Great news you are OK for tomorrow [smiley=thumbup.gif]

G xxx

4. Re: MOTO GP 

yes he's the 'old' boy but he's 'my boy'!!! ;D No way am I deserting him just cos his bike is a little slower than the rest!

Roxy xxx

5. Re: MOTO GP 
    Ducati's emphasis is clearly on the 2012 bike so I suspect next year will be more competitive / telling. I can't help thinking this weekend's new chassis is really for the 2012 1l bike too.

Cracking effort from Cal. Even pushing his bike back to the pits post-session :-?

Moto2 on now Not much work done today... :

6. Re: MOTO GP 
    Dont forget the Assen race is on Saturday if you want to watch it live!!!

7. Re: MOTO GP 
    Cal's done well but must admit I've gone right off him after his posts on twitter since the injury -such a moaning bastard, completely unlike the other guys on there!
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

8. Re: MOTO GP 
    Diamond Member
    Can you not post up who wins as I want to watch it Sunday night. Please, pretty please......

9. Re: MOTO GP 
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWGraeme
    Can you not post up who wins as I want to watch it Sunday night. Please, pretty please......
    +1 please

Thank you

10. Re: MOTO GP 
    Diamond Member
    Beginning to think picking Rossi for my fantasy team was not such a good idea. That's twice now he's qualified behind Nicky Hayden, who is supposedly on the poorer of the 2 bikes.

So much for the 'radical new' bike that Rossi was supposed to be on this weekend...

Has the goat had his day? I hope not, but considering how he transformed the Yamaha into a winning bike from it's first race, you'd think he would be a little more competitive by now on the Duke... Plenty of time has gone by now and they've ridden it in all conditions so should have found good settings if he can at all.