Notices

Thread: MOTO GP

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
  1. Re: MOTO GP 
    I didn't actually care who was going to win yesterday. Quite frankly i think they are all bloody brave to want to do that in those kind of conditions, fair play to the lot of em. 8-)
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

2. Re: MOTO GP 
    Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaDog
    Not that I wish to get drawn into an argument, but one does wonder whether or not you (SF) would be making such an issue of things if it had been anyone other than Roxy who had made the post. By your own admission you are a fully paid up member of the 'I don't like Roxy Fan Club'.

If you read the whole post in full you will also mentions other people falling off as well and was glad they weren't injured etc etc.

Just saying like and putting the whole post into context....
    It was actually me who brought this whole issue of mocking riders failing to finish. I stand by my earlier posts and ANYONE gloating at a rider's misfortune is a complete idiot and knows nothing about the sport. The grids are small enough as it is. I just want to see some close racing, not "my boy" win.

These people aren't there for our amusement, they've got a job to do. When the flag drops, personallity doesn't come into it. They've put in alot of effort to get where they are and suffered injurys along the way. They all deserve our respect.

3. Re: MOTO GP 
    Diamond Member
    Just a comment about Tyres. I watched it on the BBC & can't remember who said it. But, He said that even the wet tyres can still get up to a temprature of 100°C which still give better grip than a road tyre in dry conditions.

I'd like to know more

4. Re: MOTO GP 
    Quote Originally Posted by GixxerStu
    Just a comment about Tyres. I watched it on the BBC & can't remember who said it. But, He said that even the wet tyres can still get up to a temprature of 100°C which still give better grip than a road tyre in dry conditions.

I'd like to know more
    When the track starts to dry you'll see riders going off line to hit the puddles to cool the tyres. They break up really fast if they're not kept cool.

5. Re: MOTO GP 
    Yeh that comment stuck in my mind too - crazy amount of grip in the wet!

Without choosing a "favourite" then the sport wouldn't be as exciting for the spectators. No different to people choosing their football team. Without favourites the advertisers wouldn't sponsor and there would be no motogp. I don't wish injury on any living thing (as I know roxy doesn't either) but what she was saying was 'sport'. No different to when a football fan relishes in a rival's top striker being injured and out of action
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

6. Re: MOTO GP 
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabz
    No different to when a football fan relishes in a rival's top striker being injured and out of action
    You're absolutely right. It is no different and it's disgusting.

With riders out of the race, the racing gets boring and REAL fans want to see racing, not the same rider win time and time again.

7. Re: MOTO GP 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_geoghegan
    [quote author=GixxerStu link=1300576794/122#122 date=1307988399]Just a comment about Tyres. I watched it on the BBC & can't remember who said it. But, He said that even the wet tyres can still get up to a temprature of 100°C which still give better grip than a road tyre in dry conditions.

I'd like to know more
    When the track starts to dry you'll see riders going off line to hit the puddles to cool the tyres. They break up really fast if they're not kept cool.[/quote]

I've seen them do that. What prompted his comment was when Lorenzo when off. The back end slid out then gripped again causing him the high side.

8. Re: MOTO GP 
    I must not be a real fan then as I always want the same football team to win, same f1 drivers and same motogp rider, oh and shakey Byrne in bsb! So yeh, not a real fan
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

9. Re: MOTO GP 
    Diamond Member
    The BSB commentators (think one was from Dunlop) at Thruxton were saying, unless there is spray coming off a wet tyre, then it's hardly working at all and is more dangerous.

They also said that on a damp track (no standing water), then you should run slicks and ride it like it's dry. So long as it's up to temp, then it will work just as well. Trouble is, riders, go cautiously over the damp areas, lose the heat and then the cold tyre is even worse on the damp.

Either way, you have to some serious kahunas to ride that fast, wet dry or anything else. Maximum respect to all of the riders!

Looking forward to getting back to a grid with all of the riders racing, and no injuries! I can't imagine how bad Cal felt about not being there for his home fans. Hope he gets well soon

10. Re: MOTO GP 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabz
    I must not be a real fan then as I always want the same football team to win, same f1 drivers and same motogp rider, oh and shakey Byrne in bsb! So yeh, not a real fan
    We all have favorites in any sport but know one like to see any sports person / athlete injured