Notices

Thread: new bike :-)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. new bike :-) 
    buying an fz1 this week. 806 miles in total and 09 plate (naked model obiously, as the others are realy fugly).
    also just to add this is 100% mark ables fault :-p

Just wondered what your verdicts are on the bike itself, pro's and con's please :-) thanks toby

2. Re: new bike :-) 
    Less than 300 miles a year?! Will probably need a damn good service and tyres/battery if its not been used much. Not even run in properly at that mileage is it?
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

3. Re: new bike :-) 
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias5571
    buying an fz1 this week. 806 miles in total and 09 plate (naked model obiously, as the others are realy fugly).
    also just to add this is 100% mark ables fault :-p

Just wondered what your verdicts are on the bike itself, pro's and con's please :-) thanks toby
    My OH bought one brand new a few years ago a bright yellow FZ1N - lovely bike.

He loved it, he only decided to sell it as he wanted a bigger touring bike at the time and p/ex'd it for an FJR1300.

He added a few extra's including a tiny screen which he found was a huge improvement. I think it was a Puig?? screen.

4. Re: new bike :-) 
    Very nice bike!
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

5. Re: new bike :-) 
    It is from pheonix motorcycles. So all should be appropriate im sure. And im still an asbo at times im afraid so I dont need to upgrade to an armchair just yet, but I do need some source of comfort and reliability as I am doing alot of miles and do take pillion every now and again. I was looking at a flyscreen and an acra exhaust :-)

6. Re: new bike :-) 
    Diamond Member
    They don't wheelie ;D ;D

7. Re: new bike :-) 
    Thats because I wasnt riding it :-) ps. First mod is loose a tooth on front sprocket, as fith and sixth have longer gearing than r1

8. Re: new bike :-) 
    Thats because I wasnt riding it :-) ps. First mod is loose a tooth on front sprocket, as fith and sixth have longer gearing than r1

9. Re: new bike :-) 

10. Re: new bike :-) 
    Diamond Member
    I'm sure you'll work it out