Notices

Thread: Check your £16K 1199 Panigale

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Re: Check your £16K 1199 Panigale 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosbie
    Lol. Think you may have got the quote'ee and person in the pictures mixed up a little Darren
    Nope.

Did I mention names??

The original thread was started by Snowy, whose bike is shown in the pics, my post is nothing more than a cross-quotation.

Snowy - if your post was intended to be "helpful" then it wouldnt have had "£16k" in the title, would it? More "have-a-look-at-this!" snobbery, dont for one second pretend that it wasnt.

Scotty - I doubt I have made myself look foolish, & care not one penny for your opinion anyway? :-*

It grates me when people are quick to throw mud at a brand they know very little about, but forget their own brand of bike spent time being carted about on the back of a recovery vehicle recently??

"Let him who is without sin throw the first stone"

- and no stones were thrown...

A LOT of people are queued to buy the second generation 2013 Panigale, after all the niggles had been ironed out?

Bikes break down, all bikes eventually? Its usually something daft - if they didn't we wouldn't get breakdown cover... the last bikes I have had to push were both Japanese?

I still have my Honda and suffer no bias or snobbery between any bike brand, American, European or Japanese? I love bikes, full stop, and will happily stop to help anyone by the side of the road?

No need for any attempt at some sort of brand points scoring??

Go ride.

2. Re: Check your £16K 1199 Panigale 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 470four
    [quote author=Crosbie link=1345884338/14#14 date=1346607019]Lol. Think you may have got the quote'ee and person in the pictures mixed up a little Darren
    Nope.

Did I mention names??

The original thread was started by Snowy, whose bike is shown in the pics, my post is nothing more than a cross-quotation.

Snowy - if your post was intended to be "helpful" then it wouldnt have had "£16k" in the title, would it? More "have-a-look-at-this!" snobbery, dont for one second pretend that it wasnt.

Scotty - I doubt I have made myself look foolish, & care not one penny for your opinion anyway? :-*

It grates me when people are quick to throw mud at a brand they know very little about, but forget their own brand of bike spent time being carted about on the back of a recovery vehicle recently??

"Let him who is without sin throw the first stone"

- and no stones were thrown...

A LOT of people are queued to buy the second generation 2013 Panigale, after all the niggles had been ironed out?

Bikes break down, all bikes eventually? Its usually something daft - if they didn't we wouldn't get breakdown cover... the last bikes I have had to push were both Japanese?

I still have my Honda and suffer no bias or snobbery between any bike brand, American, European or Japanese? I love bikes, full stop, and will happily stop to help anyone by the side of the road?

No need for any attempt at some sort of brand points scoring??

Go ride.
    [/quote]

Yes, I started the thread but it actually wasn't my post as such because I cut & pasted from another forum. The post covers official Ducati recall notices alerting customers to potential critical and catastrophic failures - they are not my quotes, they are from Ducati. I would and will again post up the same from any manufacturer if I come across the similar information. Remember, these aren't about issues that could leave you stranded, they are potential life threatening critical failures. You may want to sit with your head in the sand but personally if I owned any bike from whatever manufacturer with such issues I would want to know about it. I do the same with my own bikes - if there's a problem with them I want to know about it. Armed with such information I have now fixed and put right the known failure points on my own bike - if someone hadn't posted up what those failures were and the recall notices that have been issued by BMW I would never have known about them until it was too late. If you choose to believe there was malicious intent on my part then that's your problem not mine.

It might not be nice information to receive about any bike but it is good information nonetheless. You do with that information whatever you want to do with it. There are recall notices on every current BMW bike in their range and a lot of them cost more than £16K. I have no problem whatsoever in knowing what those are and what they are about - why would I? So why do you?

You should also reconsider using the quotes about "he who hath cast the first stone" as you seem to have conveniently forgotten about your Facebook posts on the subject :

3. Re: Check your £16K 1199 Panigale 
    Platinum Member
    Moral of this story: Never buy the first version of any car or bike new, buy used once all the recalls have been done, or buy the 2nd generation new.
    www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk - Protection through innovation