Notices

Thread: Check your £16K 1199 Panigale

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: Check your £16K 1199 Panigale 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty
    And yet the Ducatisti still get very upset when their claims that "they're as reliable as Japanese bikes now" aren't taken seriously... :

Seriously??? ;D ;D ;D ;D

My Doocat has NEVER been on the back of a recovery vehicle, unlike your 'superior Teutonic uberbike'

People in glass houses, hmmm??

As a first generation bike - sharing no parts with the previous 1098/1198 etc, it is more than likely to have some issues?

Try doing a search for ANY bike and you will find recalls for it - Honda camchains/tensioners/wrong size or missing bolts a PLENTY!

L
    M
    F
    A
    O!!

2. Re: Check your £16K 1199 Panigale 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 470four
    [quote author=Scotty link=1345884338/3#3 date=1345894244]And yet the Ducatisti still get very upset when their claims that "they're as reliable as Japanese bikes now" aren't taken seriously... :

Seriously??? ;D ;D ;D ;D

My Doocat has NEVER been on the back of a recovery vehicle, unlike your 'superior Teutonic uberbike'

People in glass houses, hmmm??

As a first generation bike - sharing no parts with the previous 1098/1198 etc, it is more than likely to have some issues?

Try doing a search for ANY bike and you will find recalls for it - Honda camchains/tensioners/wrong size or missing bolts a PLENTY!

L
    M
    F
    A
    O!! [/quote]

I think you're a little confused this morning 470Four ;D ;D ;D

3. Re: Check your £16K 1199 Panigale 
    Platinum Member
    I'll let the photo's speak for themselves.

4. Re: Check your £16K 1199 Panigale 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 470four
    I'll let the photo's speak for themselves.
    No, you're still confused. I won't give you a clue though - I'll see if you can work it out for yourself

5. Re: Check your £16K 1199 Panigale 
    Lol. Think you may have got the quote'ee and person in the pictures mixed up a little Darren

6. Re: Check your £16K 1199 Panigale 
    Platinum Member

And yet the Ducatisti still get very upset when their claims that "they're as reliable as Japanese bikes now" aren't taken seriously...
    Some of us would rather push our Ducati's than ride anything else

Seriouisly though it depends on which model you have. I haven't had any breakdowns on my Monster but that's a mondel that's been around for many years and not exactly cutting edge. There are bound to be more problems if you buy something cutting edge whatever marque it is.
    I've personally had more issues with other bikes (Honda and Kawasaki), but I wouldn't sell a kidney for either of those

7. Re: Check your £16K 1199 Panigale 
    Diamond Member
    The only reason I posted this thread up was incase there were any owners on this site with this make and year of bike since all the recalls concern catastrophic and major structural/system/brake failures. All of them could lead to an accident and serious injury. It wasn't intended to start a "my bike is better than yours" debate. All bikes have issues, some minor, some major - I tend to put "catastrophic suspension collapses" into the "major" category. It is an inconvenience if your bike won't start but if your front brake fails or your swingarm collapses you're in for a painful or worse experience.

To set the record straight 470Four, my GS recovery issue was caused by a failure of an aftermarket part fitted by me 15 months ago and nothing to do with BMW. It was the first recovery I have ever had to have in 33 years of riding bikes, the last 17 of which have been on Beemers. I don't believe I have ever intimated to you or anyone else for that matter that BMW's possess 100% reliability because they don't. I don't know why you chose it necessary to post up the pictures you have and quoted another forum members comments back at me as clearly they are not relevant in any way to me, my bike or this thread. If you want to put up your own Ducati versus BMW versus whoever else thread then please do so, but don't turn my thread into your own personal vendetta against all things non- Ducati.

8. Re: Check your £16K 1199 Panigale 
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducatista
    Seriouisly though it depends on which model you have. I haven't had any breakdowns on my Monster but that's a mondel that's been around for many years and not exactly cutting edge. There are bound to be more problems if you buy something cutting edge whatever marque it is.
    Second that - It is the same with a lot of manufactures, I'm sure I read that the first S1000RR's had issues with the first
    few batches.

A mate of mine was looking at the Panigale and I advised him to hold off until a good 6 months or so into them being on the road to let some of the niggles get ironed out. I have a 04 749 and now my 07 749s neither have had issues, but there are some horrors out there!

9. Re: Check your £16K 1199 Panigale 
    Hahaha ;D ;D ;D

Well done 470Four, you have:

a) Validated my point perfectly (at least Ducatista's response was a little tongue-in-cheek), and

b) Made a total fool of yourself.

Well done, good effort [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

10. Re: Check your £16K 1199 Panigale 
    ;D and Scotty returns to restore order ;D
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....