Notices

Thread: How did you get into biking?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Re: How did you get into biking? 
    Platinum Member
    Saddam Hussein got me into biking, the cheeky rascal.

The first gulf war kicked off, and they were sending everyone on any driving courses they could get them onto. Some got HGV, some got bike, luckily i got bike, otherwise i'd be murdering prostitutes instead.

2. Re: How did you get into biking? 
    Dad had bikes, brother had bikes so bought a Suzuki AP50 when I turned 16. Stopped riding when I bought a house in 1989 and got back into it when my lovely wife said buy a bike instead of the car I was looking at. Had a 1200 Trophy as a refresher bike and did the bike safe course (A must for born again bikers) and have now had lots since.

I now wouldn't dream of giving up

3. Re: How did you get into biking? 
    I blame my dad and uncle. Both are brit bike nuts and are into restoring and riding.

started as a pillion as soon as I could hold on and went from there. Passed my test at 19 and bought a 250N Superdream.... went from there.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

4. Re: How did you get into biking? 
    Diamond Member
    Like many others here, think I caught the bug from my Dad.

As a newborn I was collected from Hospital in a 1939 Norton ES2 outfit (cost Dad £45.00)

Dad had loads of bikes when I was young and used to go out to buy another and come back with it in an old tea chest in bits with a big smile for his latest “project”
    He did vintage trails & road runs for a long time, here’s a pic of him with a 250cc Panther, obviously lovin it ;D

Reading the above posts, it looks like us "Dads" have a lot to answer for

G