When i was at school some of my mates were in to bikes and used to read MCM etc. During the holidays i would go to there place and mess around with old bikes on their farm. I pestered my parents for a bike and eventually i got a 50cc Italijet mx bike which we would take with us when my dad was racing cars in Autocross with the likes of John Button (Jensons Dad) and i would ride around the track the night before when it was quiet.

This eventually got me joining Ringwood Schoolboy scramble club which was probably one of the best in the country at the time with future top riders like Jeremy Whatley, Kevin Froud to name but two. I packed up riding when i had to progress to adult level but took it up again in my late twenty's and raced with Andover AMC. When i found i was getting a bit long in the tooth to be battling it out each week with teenagers who had no fear i once again packed in riding.

I had no plans to ever get a road bike but fate took its turn and i ended up hanging around with a few people that were into bikes and when some money came my way i did my DAS and bought a 600 Bandit and never looked back since.