Notices

Thread: How did you get into biking?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. How did you get into biking? 
    Who do you blame for getting you into biking? ;D

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-...od/21351.html?

I personally, I blame Oldfatboy - he threatened me at knifepoint to get on the back of his bike and when I refused he threatened to kill a puppy if I didn't learn to ride myself ;D

2. Re: How did you get into biking? 
    I cant say I agree with the article that its in my DNA to ride a bike, none of my family ride a motorcycle of any kind and are very much against it, however, my father is/was very much into fast cars.

I wanted to ride a motorbike more than I ever wanted to drive and at the age of 16/17 my parents wouldn't let me. It was a big NO WAY. So I passed my car test at 17.

It wasn't until I met Rob that I had the chance to ever get on a motorbike.. and well after a trip on the back to Stonehenge and around Wiltshire I was totally hooked.. and 2 1/2 months on... well you you know the rest.. I go on enough! Might be 11 1/2 years gone since I first wanted to, but better late than never I guess!

3. Re: How did you get into biking? 
    Not sure i agree with it either but...

My Dad was a biker, my uncle, 2 of my cousins and Uncle Roy was a speedway rider
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

4. Re: How did you get into biking? 

It was on my bucket list to pass my bike test. I did my CBT, bought a 125 and did my DAS a few months ago. Another tick on my list of things to do before I die. I didn't, however, expect to get bitten by the bug but once I'd been on my own 2 wheels (I'd ridden pillion for years on my ex-husbands bike(s) without ever considering riding my own bike) I couldn't stop. Got divorced 7 years ago, wrote my bucket list 4 years ago and started working on it straight away.
    I bought a Hornet and can't get out on it enough. :-*
    In loving memory of Mikkie Mahon 8th May 1986 - 28th September 2014. Taken too soon, ride free x
    “I WILL be a story in your head, but that’s ok. We are all stories in the end, just make yours a good one, eh?”

5. Re: How did you get into biking? 
    not sure on the link :-/ but i just thought one day riding a bikes gotta be more fun than sitting in traffic on the way to work and the rest is history
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

6. Re: How did you get into biking? 
    Lying on the beach on holiday one year, idea popped into my head - "might learn to ride a bike". Nobody else in the family rides, didn't know anyone who rode..which is why I started WB so I'd have someone to ride with
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

7. Re: How did you get into biking? 
    Going pillion around the County Ground car park illegally at 14, trying to ride a trials bike at 15 (and falling off cos I couldn't reach the floor) started it........then the idea went until I went pillion with Kev for a year or 2...... Then somehow I thought I want to do it myself.......it was a struggle to find a bike to fit but, determined as I was, I did and here I am lol......rally driving is next on the list.......one day maybe lol

8. Re: How did you get into biking? 
    Banned
    Dunno it started when I was about 12 :-/

9. Re: How did you get into biking? 
    My family used to have a history of biking with my Uncles racing them up in Cleveland a few Years back.

If the article is to be believed I guess I got a bit of that DNA from them through my Mum.

But none of my immediate family ride. Motorbikes have always had just a general appeal for me. The performance and enjoyment of a sporty, flash car in a much more affordable package.

I love my daily commute to work, the only other place I've had that same feeling is throwing a Kart round a racing track when I had a racing license. Now I get to do it every day on a bike.

10. Re: How did you get into biking? 
    When my mum was expecting me, her brother (my late uncle) Barry took her for a burn on the back of his Beezer round the North Circular to the Ace Cafe (when it was merely a cafe and a rockers' hangout, before it became a franchise) and I reckon it got into my blood then.
    My parents bought me a moped for my 16th birthday, as they did for my three younger brothers as well, a shrewd move to stem the incessant requests for lifts. Bikes were a passing phase for my brothers, none of them went further than a 125, though one, Mike, did pass his test when he was away at Uni as he'd learnt that he could drive a Plastic Pig with a full bike licence, and he couldn't afford to learn to drive at the time and he'd grown tired of the slog home to Northampton from Hatfield on his GP100 in Winter. The redoubtable Pig kept him warm and dry until he passed his car test. As far as I know, he only time he rode a big bike was when I gave him a go on my Genesis in 1988.
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen