Notices

Thread: Gutted isnt the word! Annoyed!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Gutted isnt the word! Annoyed! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Maz
    Thank you!

I am looking forward to the conversation tomorrow with them to be honest.

I have only done 203 miles since I purchased the bike which was on the 02/08/2012. Apparently they can refuse to fix it if it costs too much so, I can then ask for a partial refund of the bike.

Still not great but at least its something. After I rang I written an email and sent it which bounced back as the companies email address isnt working.

However, I can prove its there email due to their website just in case they get funny.

Thanks all, I just want it sorted now and with having no mechanical knowledge on bikes, I havent got a clue.
    If I was you I'd make sure you know exactly what's wrong with the bike and the have some quotes to fix those faults before contacting the seller, get some quotes in writing for the work required.

I think you'll have a much stronger case that way.

If you are/may be considering legal action confirm what you've said in writing to the seller using a recorded delivery letter rather than email.

If you do go as far as small claims court you need to show the judge you've been as reasonable as possible in allowing the seller to resolve the issues or you'll just waste your court fee.

2. Re: Gutted isnt the word! Annoyed! 
    Thanks Nikki!

3. Re: Gutted isnt the word! Annoyed! 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki
    [quote author=Mitch9128 link=1347285950/17#17 date=1347297695]... irrespective of the cost of the bike you have 6 months implied warranty.
    Really - its been a while now since I studied law but is that a blanket 6 months for all second hand bike sales? What legislation does that derive from?
    [/quote]

Sale of goods act 1979, my you are old :P

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-righ...t/your-rights/

4. Re: Gutted isnt the word! Annoyed! 
    Platinum Member
    You HAVE to give the seller opportunity to rectify the faults though, if you don't, you won't have a leg to stand on.

5. Re: Gutted isnt the word! Annoyed! 
    Yes, I am waiting for them. Once I do tomorrow I will know where I go from there.
    Thanks all x

6. Re: Gutted isnt the word! Annoyed! 
    *cough* trading standards *cough*

A few years ago I bought a car on eBay (yes, I KNOW!) from what seemed like a reputable car sales place in Reading.
    Anyway, long story short, a con rod snapped 6 weeks after I bought it and the piston smashed through the head - the engine was fubar'd.
    I contacted the seller who said he was 'willing to help me look for a replacement engine' - about £4000 No warentee was implied or offered by the seller. I rang around and spoke to trading standards. I was advised to call him back and quote the words 'trading standards' & 'my solicitor' in the same sentence, which I did, low and behold, the car was collected within 24 hours and I was refunded in full. :

Hope you get it resolved asap :-/
    In loving memory of Mikkie Mahon 8th May 1986 - 28th September 2014. Taken too soon, ride free x
    “I WILL be a story in your head, but that’s ok. We are all stories in the end, just make yours a good one, eh?”

7. Re: Gutted isnt the word! Annoyed! 
    Thanks!

8. Re: Gutted isnt the word! Annoyed! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch9128
    [quote author=Nikki link=1347285950/18#18 date=1347298015][quote author=Mitch9128 link=1347285950/17#17 date=1347297695]... irrespective of the cost of the bike you have 6 months implied warranty.
    Really - its been a while now since I studied law but is that a blanket 6 months for all second hand bike sales? What legislation does that derive from?
    [/quote]

Sale of goods act 1979, my you are old :P

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-righ...t/your-rights/[/quote]

Cheeky monkey! No I'm not THAT old. I think you'll find that the actual legislation doesnt quote a time limit/period. Hopefully Maz will get an amicable resolution though.

9. Re: Gutted isnt the word! Annoyed! 
    Platinum Member
    Whereabouts are you Maz ? as you mention someone called Phil :-? I assume you mean Phil Stokes, Westbury ??
    I only ask as Phil tends to be a little on the dear side as Bikes are no longer his bread and butter income

If you are local/ In Westbury pop it round one evening or the weekend and I will have a look/Listen at it for you

Cheers
    Simon

10. Re: Gutted isnt the word! Annoyed! 
    Yes, Phil in Westbury.

I am juat waiting for tomorrow morning now!

Hopefully they will do something however I read that they will only repair up to 180 wprth of damage! However I know this will be more than that!

I hope they dont say they cant help or get funny about it. I dont have the means to ride it up their to Manchester and it will mpst likely not make it anyway. I will use the trading standard and solicitor thing if he gets funny.

I dont deal will with confrontation.