Notices

Thread: Gutted isnt the word! Annoyed!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Gutted isnt the word! Annoyed! 
    They are up in Manchester and I paid via my visa debit card.

I will visit Phil so, he can tell me what going on. Its done 13000 and not had the clutch plates changed so, it could be that however, the clutch cable would need doing as its rusty.

2. Re: Gutted isnt the word! Annoyed! 
    How many miles have you done since picking it up?
    You should be covered by trading standards as they haven't sold you a vehicle fit for purpose.
    The plates should only need doing if it has a really hard life. The clucth cable should have been replaced if it was rusty prior to you purchasing it if the dealer was caring of his customers.
    Failing that you could do what a member on another forum did, take the bike back to Manchester chain it somewhere outside the front legally and decorate it with the fact that he is a crap dealer and he should soon get in touch with you.
    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

http://tbex.co.uk/

3. Re: Gutted isnt the word! Annoyed! 
    Thinking about scrapping it over a dodgy clutch is a bit of an over-reaction Maz - it probably needs a new cable, and at worst a new set of plates too, which Jon has found for less than £40 so you're probably looking at £60 maximum for parts (maybe a gasket as well on top of that). Did you test ride it before buying it, and wasn't the clutch issue apparent then?

It'll be ok with a little fettling, no worries 8-)
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

4. Re: Gutted isnt the word! Annoyed! 
    The clutch seemed ok. Pulling off was fine now its terrible just revs.

I was told that its going to cost me a days work £240 then my exhaust issue which is a few hours work from Phil. I was told that by a biker thats why I needed to know how much it was going to cost so, I cpuld make a decision based on facts.

Thanks all.

5. Re: Gutted isnt the word! Annoyed! 
    Not trying to defend the seller here but I do think before jumping in its only fair to discuss it properly with them.

Bear in mind at £1,600 they probably haven't made much money on it, and if it test rode OK could/did they even know it had the faults?

At the end of the day it's a second hand bike and things go wrong as annoying as it is.

6. Re: Gutted isnt the word! Annoyed! 
    I managed to get through to the seller but got through to the guy who actually sold me the bike.

He is going to do something, he said he will ring me back.

The other guy I spoke to didnt want to know and I sent emails and they dodnt want to know.

Its hard to discuss something that they wont hear. It has been a learning experience for me.

7. Re: Gutted isnt the word! Annoyed! 
    That's great news - I think picking up the phone can often be a better way to resolve an issue like this.

Hope you get it sorted fairly

8. Re: Gutted isnt the word! Annoyed! 
    Platinum Member
    If they refuse to fix it, contact consumer direct. They will help you pen a letter, which you send signed for, if still no joy, then it's fix it and small claims. Either way contact consumer direct, irrespective of the cost of the bike you have 6 months implied warranty.

9. Re: Gutted isnt the word! Annoyed! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch9128
    ... irrespective of the cost of the bike you have 6 months implied warranty.
    Really - its been a while now since I studied law but is that a blanket 6 months for all second hand bike sales? What legislation does that derive from?

10. Re: Gutted isnt the word! Annoyed! 
    Thank you!

I am looking forward to the conversation tomorrow with them to be honest.

I have only done 203 miles since I purchased the bike which was on the 02/08/2012. Apparently they can refuse to fix it if it costs too much so, I can then ask for a partial refund of the bike.

Still not great but at least its something. After I rang I written an email and sent it which bounced back as the companies email address isnt working.

However, I can prove its there email due to their website just in case they get funny.

Thanks all, I just want it sorted now and with having no mechanical knowledge on bikes, I havent got a clue.