Notices

Thread: Insurance renewal question

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Insurance renewal question 
    Banned
    Had a notice through the post that my bike insurance was going to auto-renew at the end of the month.
    Last year I paid about £180 fully comp
    This year they wanted £338 for the same bike

I phoned them and they said they can do it for £215 :-?

Just looked on the net and I can get fully comp for £96 or £129 if I have legal and helmet/leathers cover. This is with Hastings insurance.

WTF!! Just phoned them to pay and they said if I pay over the phone there is an additional administration fee of £11
    I had already run through all the details with her all she had to do was take my card number and push enter :-?
    Sod that I'll pay online

My question is, is it worth the extra £30 to have legal and helmet/leathers cover???

Tossers and their auto renewal scams >
    Just by looking I saved over £200

2. Re: Insurance renewal question 
    The legal cover is crap Snowy, it takes forever and they try and screw you over should you ever need to claim.
    I used SMIDSY after somebody reversed into my ped years back. 2 weeks and the repairs were complete. This was after it took the insurance company 4 weeks to assess the bike and they tried blaming me.
    Helemt and leather covers is the way to go because of how much the kit has cost you.
    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

http://tbex.co.uk/

3. Re: Insurance renewal question 
    Yeah man! (as last train would say). I've always added the Helmet and Leather cover. Just have a quick tot up of the gear you wear at the moment.
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

4. Re: Insurance renewal question 
    Banned
    Yea thanks I'm going to go for the leathers option.
    Trouble is now it's saying my bike is a CBF600SA but it's a CBF600N and the SA is more expensive.

Pain in the arse insurance companies

5. Re: Insurance renewal question 
    Quote Originally Posted by dipple666
    The legal cover is crap Snowy, it takes forever and they try and screw you over should you ever need to claim.

Helemt and leather covers is the way to go because of how much the kit has cost you.
    Sorry to disagree with Senna but I would recommend the extra £30 for legal cover. I recently had an accident and my fully comp insurance inc legal cover was a godsend. Totally smooth, they handled everything for me and I was extremely grateful I had paid the extra, well worth it imo.

Ofc it could depend who you insure with, maybe not every company offers the same level of service.

Ditto about the gear cover though - add up what you wear on your bike, its worth a few quid I'm sure.

6. Re: Insurance renewal question 
    Banned
    What a pain in the bum that was. Finaly got it sorted but the price is never the same as they quote you, they keep adding little bits on.
    The best bit was chatting to a nice sounding (probably fugly) girl while trying to sort it. 8-)

7. Re: Insurance renewal question 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dipple666
    I used SMIDSY after somebody reversed into my ped years back. 2 weeks and the repairs were complete. This was after it took the insurance company 4 weeks to assess the bike and they tried blaming me.
    Dunno mate, I didn't comment on it ;D

8. Re: Insurance renewal question 
    Personally i don't do the legal cover. I used to but after talking with an ex bike cop turned insurance accident investigator he changed my mind. If i was to have a claim know i can choose the company i want to use not the cheapest one for the insurance company.

9. Re: Insurance renewal question 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWGraeme
    [quote author=dipple666 link=1347293570/1#1 date=1347295653]The legal cover is crap Snowy, it takes forever and they try and screw you over should you ever need to claim.
    Dunno mate, I didn't comment on it ;D
    [/quote]
    That's the problem with the platinum members colours ;D
    Very hard to see the name of the poster :-/

10. Re: Insurance renewal question 
    Legal and leathers/helmet cover for me - worth the extra imo
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers