Notices

Thread: ER-5 - how long do they live?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: ER-5 - how long do they live? 
    Manners you will find that most bikes can do 100k if they are looked after. I don't know about the ER5 but there are a couple of couriers I know that have had to buy new clocks because the old ones stopped working at 99999!
    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

http://tbex.co.uk/

2. Re: ER-5 - how long do they live? 
    That sounds promising. Thanks

3. Re: ER-5 - how long do they live? 
    I believe they are based of the jurassic GPZ500 engine. These engines, if looked after, live longer than most trees!!!!
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

4. Re: ER-5 - how long do they live? 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Manners
    I'm a bit concerned about my height (6'4) I think it might make the ER-5 a bit uncomfortable if I try to do some lengthy journeys (which I've been planning on doing).

If it is a bit uncomfortable I can always part exchange it and get something more appropriate in a few months time when I'm used to the extra power.

It almost has the same BHP as my car and weighs about 10x less so I'm sure it will keep me entertained for a while.
    I wouldn't worry about height , I'm 6'3 and ride a cb500 which is essentially the same bike. Can do 500+ miles only stopping for fuel without being uncomfortable

5. Re: ER-5 - how long do they live? 
    Fogot to add. Your big enemy will probably be rust. Most of these commuter bikes are built to a price and the finish is not the best.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

6. Re: ER-5 - how long do they live? 
    its gpz500 s based motor my gpz is heading for 59000 now if i did my sums right , a good replacment motor on ebay are about £150 so dont worry to much there lumpy as hell under 3 grand then smooth out nicely about 4 then go abit nuts at 6 ,there a solid motor iv abused mine alot and it allways starts and goes well love my gpz ,the en 500 ,and the kle trail bike also use the same motor and some other parts .so dont worry there bloody good bikes just need to look after it ;D

7. Re: ER-5 - how long do they live? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_W
    Fogot to add. Your big enemy will probably be rust. Most of these commuter bikes are built to a price and the finish is not the best.
    And will have been ridden in all weathers.

8. Re: ER-5 - how long do they live? 
    Mine lives outside under a cover rust dont seem to bother it to much ,i ride all weathers and it polishes up a treat ,well as much as a treat as it can lol its allways been a bit rough to look at lol er5 may have a differnt build quality to mine im not sure iv only seen a few but all look very clean even after a few winters . ;D buy it enjoy it just keep on top of the dirt and oil and filters it should be fine .

9. Re: ER-5 - how long do they live? 
    Quote Originally Posted by goz1960
    [quote author=Jon_W link=1346677460/14#14 date=1347454453]Fogot to add. Your big enemy will probably be rust. Most of these commuter bikes are built to a price and the finish is not the best.
    And will have been ridden in all weathers.[/quote]

Just clean it regularly, sepecially when the salt is down. Look at protecting the bike from the salt as well.

10. Re: ER-5 - how long do they live? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_W
    Just clean it regularly, sepecially when the salt is down. Look at protecting the bike from the salt as well.
    Speak to Nooj for salt protection, he is a master of the dark arts and for £50 you can't knock it.
    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

http://tbex.co.uk/