Notices

Thread: Shark helmets

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: Shark helmets 
    Looks good mate, with mine you can remove the cheek pads and give em a wash, so it tends to be a constant better fit

2. Re: Shark helmets 
    I've had a shark lid for 2 years and its been spot on for me. Reckon I'll be replacing next year and I'd happily buy another

3. Re: Shark helmets 
    Banned
    After reading just about every review on the net for the speed R the only bad thing I can find is it doesn't have a pinlock visor available :-/

Oh well maybe they will make one someday

***EDIT***

It seems you can get a diy kit to fit some models http://www.racevisors.co.uk/product/...rsal-diy-shark
    Think I'll have a go at fitting my LS2 pinlock to it

4. Re: Shark helmets 
    Seem like a good idea, didnt know those kits were out there 8-)

5. Re: Shark helmets 
    Banned
    I bought it

So much better than my old one, my ears are still ringing from this mornings ride out, I was wearing my old hat with ear plugs. The new one is 100 times quieter even without the plugs. Build quality is first class. The visor is really thick and feels solid as well as being very clear compared to my old one.

Only had a short ride but just from that I would highly recommend the Shark [smiley=thumbup.gif]
    I bought it from the boys at Phoenix and they gave me a great price

6. Re: Shark helmets 
    Glad you like it, mines the rsr2 same as Wes and is good fit, is rated to be dropped x 10 empty with no damage from a height of 4ft so is pretty strong, not that i recommend lobbing it about
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

7. Re: Shark helmets 
    I have had two shark helmets and have only changed them due to age, brilliant helmets. Only replaced them with a HJC because it was a good deal at the bike show that year.
    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

http://tbex.co.uk/

8. Re: Shark helmets 
    Result

9. Re: Shark helmets 
    Had a Shark hat for about 3 1/2 years (can't remember the model) and been well pleased with it.
    When time came for a new one this summer I tried a few brands and models but settled for a Shark Vision R from my local bike gear reseller, got a great deal (£220) for the hi-viz yellow & black version, love the fit and the extra height of view means less neck pain when riding one my gixers. The extra peripheral view is also really useful and the built in sun visor is a must for me this time of year.
    Can't recommend them highly enough although my mate always buys Shoei and swears by them, twice the price though

10. Re: Shark helmets 
    Personally Shark don't fit me which is a shame as I've heard nothing but good about there helmets.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"