Notices

Thread: In Case of Emergency

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. In Case of Emergency 
    Diamond Member
    I.C.E.

Came across this from another site....

http://www.vitalid.ca/shop/motorcycle-safety-id/

Seems a good idea to me and they take Paypal.

2. Re: In Case of Emergency 
    Snowy it is a great idea but they don't work with NHS or police computers due to security restrictions.
    I learnt this after having a presentation from paramedics and traffic officers who say when they were first released it was great but now due to people misplacing kit they are locked down to the hilt.
    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

http://tbex.co.uk/

3. Re: In Case of Emergency 
    I got something similar from st johns ambulance (i think) basically its a free card that you fill out and place within the liner of your lid, there's a small adhesive green spot that you attach at a certain position on your lid, so they will know you have the card on you

4. Re: In Case of Emergency 
    Quote Originally Posted by dipple666
    Snowy it is a great idea but they don't work with NHS or police computers due to security restrictions.
    I learnt this after having a presentation from paramedics and traffic officers who say when they were first released it was great but now due to people misplacing kit they are locked down to the hilt.
    Unless it's linking to something different now, this doesn't seem to need a computer. It's more like what wes described, an ID card that is attched to your helmet.
    100 Japanese horses now unmuzzled! Derestricted hooliganism has commenced...

5. Re: In Case of Emergency 
    I.C.E cards or chips are usually a weather NOT waterproof usb stick, they contain 2 routes of info, unsecured rider details and vital information, and secured (encrypted) personal info more for your own use ie dl numbers etc, in an emergency the 3 services can and would find a way to read the info, they contain self installing software that allows it to be read by any usb port, whilst expensive they are in my opinion invaluable, any reference to I.C.E. is be it in your phone a crash card in your helmet, the green dot approach, anything that could alert anyone involved in the unfortunate event of requiring emergency services thats not obstructive gets my vote, I carry the dog tag and usb, and my bike is also stickered up to draw attention to this, as part of the triage process the medic would look for all information about the individual to find talismans (diabetes/allergies/medications) etc and would come across it. aiding their job, it lists these blood types and the like .

6. Re: In Case of Emergency 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wesrrw
    I got something similar from st johns ambulance (i think) basically its a free card that you fill out and place within the liner of your lid, there's a small adhesive green spot that you attach at a certain position on your lid, so they will know you have the card on you
    I need a new one for my new helmet
    I reckon this is the best option as you can't forget it unless you forget your helmet

7. Re: In Case of Emergency 
    Gooz as I said before mate the USB sticks don't work because it requires a program to be installed on the machine and the restrictions mean they can't access it.

Swanny I have got the same system as Wes, it is recognised by 90% of emergency services in the UK. it was also free as well!
    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

http://tbex.co.uk/

8. Re: In Case of Emergency 
    Diamond Member
    The one shown in the link isn't a USB stick - its a card which is located in a sleeve on the side of the helmet plus another for your wallet.

9. Re: In Case of Emergency 
    Platinum Member
    its a free card that you fill out and place within the liner of your lid
    I have these on both my helmets, however the obvious difference is that to get to the card inside your helmet, someone has to take your helmet off first, but hey it's free, so it's better than nothing.

10. Re: In Case of Emergency 
    what happened to the ICE listing on your mobile phone? that was the way of notifying people a couple of years ago, but disadvantage is that a lot of people lock their phones.