Notices

Thread: What's the best bit of kit that you have bought?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: What's the best bit of kit that you have bought? 
    Diamond Member
    The best kit I own has got to be my 1999 treble winning shirt. :P

Sorry, sorry, just couldn't resist it.

Seriously though, Kevlar jeans - the only trousers I find that stop me overheating on a hot summer's day and my Lidl waterproof overtrousers - 100 per cent waterproof

2. Re: What's the best bit of kit that you have bought? 
    The bset bit of kit I have bought it defineltey my coldkillerz trousers, top and gloves. Warranted it cost the thick end of £70 but they have been a lifesaver in the winter on the bike and working!
    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

http://tbex.co.uk/

3. Re: What's the best bit of kit that you have bought? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch9128
    [quote author=Blackbonnie link=1349462668/15#15 date=1349550251][quote author=dan_geoghegan link=1349462668/13#13 date=1349536751]Kreiga R25 ruck sack.

I use it on the bike, on the snow and on my mountain bike. Fits perfectly, carries an amazing amount and is water resistant to a pretty high level.
    Brilliant bit of kit [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB[/quote]

I have an R35, but never use it on the bike, i can't help but think of the consequences of an off with it on. Much prefer a tailpack.[/quote]
    Obviously you need to plan your packing acordingly. Soft things like clothes go in the R25, bulky shoes,ming vases and wash kit goes in the US20.
    I didn't like the R35. I felt it was too big and the strap locking system wasn't as good. It is fully waterproof though [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

4. Re: What's the best bit of kit that you have bought? 
    Mines got to be my Pirellis, improved my confidence massively and let me ride in all weathers, definatley getting the same set again when new boots are needed [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

5. Re: What's the best bit of kit that you have bought? 
    Gotta be my first Goretex suit (Hein Gericke). Always been a leathers person and still prefer them if weather in that narrow band of not too warm, not too cold, no rain but the textiles have really extended my riding to all year round - though not an every day biker

6. Re: What's the best bit of kit that you have bought? 
    Triumph touring boots. Bought them discounted at the NEC bike show years a go. Very comfy, totally waterproof and just starting to give up now.
    Struggling to find something similar

7. Re: What's the best bit of kit that you have bought? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinb
    Triumph touring boots. Bought them discounted at the NEC bike show years a go. Very comfy, totally waterproof and just starting to give up now.
    Personally, I've never met a pair of waterproof motorcycling boots yet! But that's just in my experience : Good to hear others have [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

8. Re: What's the best bit of kit that you have bought? 
    My Daytona Ladystars. I'd be unable to ride without them :-*

Couldn't touch the bloody ground
    In loving memory of Mikkie Mahon 8th May 1986 - 28th September 2014. Taken too soon, ride free x
    “I WILL be a story in your head, but that’s ok. We are all stories in the end, just make yours a good one, eh?”

9. Re: What's the best bit of kit that you have bought? 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbonnie
    [quote author=Kevinb link=1349462668/25#25 date=1349699772]Triumph touring boots. Bought them discounted at the NEC bike show years a go. Very comfy, totally waterproof and just starting to give up now.
    Personally, I've never met a pair of waterproof motorcycling boots yet! But that's just in my experience : Good to hear others have [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB
    [/quote]

I've some old HG Gore-tex lined ones for winter, not very sporty looking, but dry as a bone still many years later, and nearly worn out.

10. Re: What's the best bit of kit that you have bought? 
    Diamond Member
    Sidi Vertigo boots
    RST Stunt Leather Jacket & Troursers