Notices

Thread: What's the best bit of kit that you have bought?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: What's the best bit of kit that you have bought? 
    Hate to say it, my Triumph textile jacket and trousers bought to get me through the winter - £80 & £60 knock down prices due to being last years style and girlie sizes. Never thought I'd wear textiles but it opened up the winter to me and with the liners out served perfect service over the summer. Went over to Frome one day from work on a Friday and only realised just how bad the rain had been when I took my helmet off felt just how wet the hair outside my helmet was. After that my Merino wool walking socks, always warm dry and comfy (despite wearing out come the spring)

2. Re: What's the best bit of kit that you have bought? 
    Although I haven't had it long, my Rukka Jacket, Trousers and gloves combined with the Sidi B2 Goretex boots... It's like I'm in my own little world where the weather is felt and enjoyed...soley the reason for riding in the first place...but I'm protected when the worst of it hits. 8-)
    '12 NC700X

3. Re: What's the best bit of kit that you have bought? 
    Gotta be my heated grips !!
    They saw me through the monsoon we rode through going to Wales, even though my gloves were wringing wet, my hands stayed warm....once my hands are cold then the whole of me gets cold.....those grips were a godsend that day.

And I love my Kevlar jeans...I dont have leathers (hard to find leathers for short chubbies like me so I wont even try any on to save the embarrassment 8-))....but having textiles, and now jeans, Im happy to go out in the cold and warm weather.

;D 8-) ;D 8-)

4. Re: What's the best bit of kit that you have bought? 
    Kreiga R25 ruck sack.

I use it on the bike, on the snow and on my mountain bike. Fits perfectly, carries an amazing amount and is water resistant to a pretty high level.

5. Re: What's the best bit of kit that you have bought? 
    Platinum Member
    Gore-tex Windstopper, thin enough and warm enough in v low temps, the medics cut it off me last year Can't find the same one anymore, and yet to find one i like as much.

6. Re: What's the best bit of kit that you have bought? 
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_geoghegan
    Kreiga R25 ruck sack.

I use it on the bike, on the snow and on my mountain bike. Fits perfectly, carries an amazing amount and is water resistant to a pretty high level.
    Brilliant bit of kit [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

7. Re: What's the best bit of kit that you have bought? 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbonnie
    [quote author=dan_geoghegan link=1349462668/13#13 date=1349536751]Kreiga R25 ruck sack.

Brilliant bit of kit [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB[/quote]

I have an R35, but never use it on the bike, i can't help but think of the consequences of an off with it on. Much prefer a tailpack.

8. Re: What's the best bit of kit that you have bought? 
    I've ridden a great many miles with a rucksack over the years without incident or injury but I don't tend to carry great weights in them. If it starts getting weighty it gets fitted to the bike either panniers, tailpack or strapped on.

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

9. Re: What's the best bit of kit that you have bought? 
    Time tested, my hein gericke backpack, good small size with chest strap, and it also zips out to allow extra room if required. Also my Richa ratchet waterproof boots, performs well outside of the price tag, would definitely buy again

10. Re: What's the best bit of kit that you have bought? 
    Active Member Thorkill_The_Tall's Avatar
    The best money I've ever spent on my bike is for the petrol I put in the tank........