Notices

Thread: Motorcyclist First Aid Training

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. Motorcyclist First Aid Training 
    Diamond Member
    I've never done any training in first aid and feel that I want to do some - just in case !

One of the guys that tuned my Supra is in hospital in quite a bad way after coming off his Hayabusa, and it got me thinking.

I can (and have a bit) Googled it, but I wanted to know if any of you have done any biker specific courses that you would recommend.

Also, are there others of you who may be interested in a basic "first on scene" course if I can find a sensible one for not to much money ?

Cheers
    G

2. Re: Motorcyclist First Aid Training 
    i have done some basic training years ago id be up for a course bike specific training

3. Re: Motorcyclist First Aid Training 
    Platinum Member
    Great idea Gerry.
    I'd suggest you're looking at £70 unless you can find something that the Road Safety Partnerships are doing (I haven't).

Here's an example of one at that price and others I've seen in the past have been around that ballpark.
    http://www.bmw-motorrad.co.uk/world-...id-course.html

4. Re: Motorcyclist First Aid Training 
    or you ask me guys its exactly what our company does for drivers and riders, pm me and I will happily discuss it with you ;D

5. Re: Motorcyclist First Aid Training 
    Diamond Member
    Don't be shy, others are interested

Tell us what you (or your company) have done, what can you do for us, and for how much please [smiley=thumbup.gif]

Cheers
    G

6. Re: Motorcyclist First Aid Training 
    were accredited trainers and driver suppliers for F1 Moto Gp and concerts, we are now based here in Trowbridge opposite the main post office, we are also accredited trainers for Jaupt/DSA training the Drivers cpc for truck and coach drivers, we dont really advertise at the moment due to the sensitive nature of some of our work, certified first aid is minimum of 5 hours training on up, an awareness is achievable in around 3.5 hours (DSA) cpcc standard. it certifies an awareness not a qualification, ideally no more than 10 per instructor, and in our classrooms in trowbridge.
    I will ask the Instructors how much as a favour but they will look after you Just pm me, we have 5 first aid instructors let me quickly make a call and get a price

7. Re: Motorcyclist First Aid Training 
    Ok got your price, for a five hour QUALIFIED course emergency first aid roadside, £30 per person valid for 3 years guys I cannot do any better than that for you, only caveat is you need 10 guys/girls otherwise it buggers the price up, hope thats acceptable.

8. Re: Motorcyclist First Aid Training 
    Chatterbox
    I've been meaning to arrange something like this for a while.....ahem... :-[

So I'm interested.

Everything else is shyte

9. Re: Motorcyclist First Aid Training 
    I'm first aid trained, but would be interested in this especially if it relates to bikes and biking, i.e. hoe to safely remove helmet.
    It's Lilac... not pink!

10. Re: Motorcyclist First Aid Training 
    well I reackon any saturday/sunday is best for you guys, plenty of bike parking opposite by the post office, also black swan biker pub 5 doors down oh and a tatooist if you get too bored pmsl