Notices

Thread: 60000 miles...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. 60000 miles... 
    Well the FZ1 has now reached the 60000mile mark, and is still going strong. New rear shock from Hagon, new fork oil, new rear disc, ditched the tank bag in favour of a Givi top box, new belly pan, and the old girl is as good as new. Top box much better for keeping my kit dry, and I don't notice it's there (unlike the tank bag that kept pressing my four-way flashers everytime I went full-lock left). Also got a taller screen from Powerbronze, which does a good job of wind protection, but also creates a lot of wind noise around my helmet. So I'll be keeping that just for long journeys. I'm getting a reet ole git... :
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

2. Re: 60000 miles... 
    I do still sorta miss my FZ1 :P Great bike

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

3. Re: 60000 miles... 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Able
    Well the FZ1 has now reached the 60000mile mark, and is still going strong. New rear shock from Hagon, new fork oil, new rear disc, ditched the tank bag in favour of a Givi top box, new belly pan, and the old girl is as good as new. Top box much better for keeping my kit dry, and I don't notice it's there (unlike the tank bag that kept pressing my four-way flashers everytime I went full-lock left). Also got a taller screen from Powerbronze, which does a good job of wind protection, but also creates a lot of wind noise around my helmet. So I'll be keeping that just for long journeys. I'm getting a reet ole git... :
    do your flies up then ;D ;D

SORRY! :P
    In loving memory of Mikkie Mahon 8th May 1986 - 28th September 2014. Taken too soon, ride free x
    “I WILL be a story in your head, but that’s ok. We are all stories in the end, just make yours a good one, eh?”

4. Re: 60000 miles... 
    Good going, haven't even done that many miles in my car

5. Re: 60000 miles... 
    Great stuff.... on to the 100k!!
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

6. Re: 60000 miles... 
    Diamond Member
    Why am I not surprised. Very much a work horse [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

7. Re: 60000 miles... 
    thats some serious miles
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

8. Re: 60000 miles... 
    You are going to be replacing the clocks as well then.

Great to see some proper reliability from a machine.
    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

http://tbex.co.uk/

9. Re: 60000 miles... 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Able
    Well the FZ1 has now reached the 60000mile mark, and is still going strong. ........
    Sorry but still a baby compared to my car - 145,000 no problems (it is diesel mind you :-[ ).

10. Re: 60000 miles... 
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki
    [quote author=Mark_Able link=1349812088/0#0 date=1349812088]Well the FZ1 has now reached the 60000mile mark, and is still going strong. ........
    Sorry but still a baby compared to my car - 145,000 no problems (it is diesel mind you :-[ ).
    [/quote]

Here's the world record....

A 1966 Volvo P-1800S owned by Irvin Gordon of East Patchogue, New York, USA, had covered in excess of 4,586,630 km (2,850,000 miles) by December 2010. The car is still driven on a daily basis and covers over 160,000 km (100,000 miles) per year, thanks in part to being driven to numerous car shows and events in Europe and the USA
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"