Notices

Thread: Heated grips or heated gloves?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Heated grips or heated gloves? 
    Platinum Member
    Vest and grips, keep the core warm.

2. Re: Heated grips or heated gloves? 
    Both if you can afford to it Lou..reminds me I need to invest in some new heated gloves at the bike show.
    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

http://tbex.co.uk/

3. Re: Heated grips or heated gloves? 
    Thanks all, think I will go for the heated gloves as my fingers hurt in the cold, forgot about the bike show so I will have a look there

4. Re: Heated grips or heated gloves? 
    As already discussed, heated grips are fine for palm but fingers still get frozen to the point of painful! Heated gloves now been delivered at home for trial next week! :-)

5. Re: Heated grips or heated gloves? 
    Neither is "best" they are just both different.

A decent set of heated gloves will keep your hands warmer than the best heated grips ever will. But only if you're wearing them

You can't forget your heated grips when you go out on the bike - especially on autumn evenings when you popped out in the afternoon, then ended up staying out until late and it's got chilly. Next thing you're riding home in summer gloves really feeling the cold. With heated grips there's always the option of warming your hands up.

So it's horses for courses really. If you ride a bike with decent storage, top box etc then you can always have your heated gloves with you just in case - that's the perfect solution. But if you're not likely to want to carry them around "just in case" all the time then they are only good on the days you have them, useless on your shelf at home.

Ideal scenario is both - that way you still get your choice of summer gloves (let's face it - the choice of stylish heated gloves is limited) and you'll always have the option to hit a button and warm your hands. Then when the weather gets really cold, or you know you're going on a long motorway ride etc you can put the heated gloves on.

If you go for heated grips I'd recommend the R&G ones (get them from Nooj) - my OH has them on one of her bikes, they were easy enough for me to fit and they get impressively hot. Great price too.

6. Re: Heated grips or heated gloves? 
    Speed is the answer, ive found that the faster you travel the friction of air traveling over your body creates a sort of heat ??? Like a space ship through the atmosphere!!!Honest, just go faster.. Pants and a helmet that’s all I wear.. :

Well that’s what my brain says to my body, but really its numb with cold lol..
    I just hug the bike really