Notices

Thread: Exhaust

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: Exhaust 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by monday21
    As a matter of interest, is it legal to remove the baffle from the Akropovic when used on the road?

Just someone said to me that my Scorpion would sound sweeter with the baffle removed.
    No - but lots of people do it anyway.
    They re-install prior to MOT.
    But, if you get pulled I believe you can be done for it - if they are bike savvy (and they happen to notice the lack of the baffle.

2. Re: Exhaust 
    Banned
    My exhaust is road legal with the baffle in place

3. Re: Exhaust 
    nope a baffle directs the sound and gasses normally into the side of a can, into the sound deadening, it also doubles up as a flash plate stopping ignition of overun gasses which ignite readily in a hot exhaust, for this reason most baffles are conical in shape and usually found at the inlet end of an exhaust….…… some motorbike engines also respond much better with a mild back pressure in the exhaust allowing any lambda sensors to run the engine at the correct temp and mixture.

4. Re: Exhaust 
    As a matter of interest, is it legal to remove the baffle from the Akropovic when used on the road?

Just someone said to me that my Scorpion would sound sweeter with the baffle removed.
    As long as it doesn't have "track use only" or "not for road use" it's ok

5. Re: Exhaust 
    Diamond Member

Assuming its a road legal can then the only issue would be noise and unless you're unlucky to get stopped by someone with a noise meter thats unlikely to be a problem. I would suggest it goes back in for the MOT mind.

I have to have the baffle in on my Akropovic as my engine needs a little back pressure to run sweet. Sounds very fruity without it though ;D

6. Re: Exhaust 
    case in point .......... :-/.......... Not just a pretty face ya know

7. Re: Exhaust 
    Diamond Member
    I was just wondering. I have no intention of removing mine anyway due to defective hearing.

Neighbours moan about the noise of my bike with the baffles in as it is.

Thanks all though

8. Re: Exhaust 
    If your neighbours have issues borrow mine for a couple of days, they will be soon begging you to get your old bike back............. Ask Raab his alarm loves me ;D

9. Re: Exhaust 

Yes and no. If the bike is not excessively loud then yes. If it is then no.

I've bben booked for riding without the baffle in mine because the bike was too loud.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

10. Re: Exhaust 

I've got my baffles removed, went through the MOT without them in
    It's also a safety feature as people can hear you coming (from about two miles away on full chat) :