Notices

Thread: Exhaust

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: Exhaust 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GixxerStu
    [quote author=Mitch9128 link=1349735662/1#1 date=1349757622]Scorpion end of, Beowulf are cheap cans made by the northern children that are not sent down t'pit or up t'chimney.
    Hmmm Pits up North have been closed for years & very little chimney work around due to Natural gas.....!

However, back on topic It's personal choice & budget for which type of end can your after for me it's Mivv GP, but they are made by pasta eating, wine drinking, italians :[/quote]

Hence why they're making cheapo cans or down here nicking our jobs.

2. Re: Exhaust 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch9128
    [quote author=GixxerStu link=1349735662/6#6 date=1349767494][quote author=Mitch9128 link=1349735662/1#1 date=1349757622]Scorpion end of, Beowulf are cheap cans made by the northern children that are not sent down t'pit or up t'chimney.
    Hmmm Pits up North have been closed for years & very little chimney work around due to Natural gas.....!

However, back on topic It's personal choice & budget for which type of end can your after for me it's Mivv GP, but they are made by pasta eating, wine drinking, italians :[/quote]

Hence why they're making cheapo cans or down here nicking our jobs.[/quote]

So I've taken a job from some poor southerners? Sounds like to me your full of that Natural Gas.... :

3. Re: Exhaust 
    Platinum Member
    I've actually been to Beowulf, oh and Orange cycles, seeing as i spent the first 25 years of my life within a mile of there :P Still reckon they and Fuel cans just look like a cheapo can.

4. Re: Exhaust 
    Akrapovic for me, baffles removed

5. Re: Exhaust 
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinb
    Go for an Akropovic with removable baffle 8-)
    which would be worth more than the bike!

If it was me, i'd stick with what you've got. The money would be much better spent on making sure it's running properly.
    Don't want to needlessly spend your money on a can only to not be able to pay for the next service or M.O.T

6. Re: Exhaust 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_geoghegan
    [quote author=Kevinb link=1349735662/7#7 date=1349768765]Go for an Akropovic with removable baffle 8-)
    which would be worth more than the bike!

If it was me, i'd stick with what you've got. The money would be much better spent on making sure it's running properly.
    Don't want to needlessly spend your money on a can only to not be able to pay for the next service or M.O.T[/quote]

Good advise [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

7. Re: Exhaust 
    Got my can off the bay from a main dealer ex-demo for £100 so there are a few bargains to be had

8. Re: Exhaust 
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinb
    Go for an Akropovic with removable baffle 8-)
    Totally agree. Race pipe, not loud pipe. Improve performance, not noise (that's just a by-product)...
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

9. Re: Exhaust 
    Banned
    I'm no expert but from what I've seen a Akropovic is worth a lot of money second hand, so it may cost a lot to start with but you'll get a lot of your money back when you've finished playing with it

10. Re: Exhaust 
    Diamond Member
    As a matter of interest, is it legal to remove the baffle from the Akropovic when used on the road?

Just someone said to me that my Scorpion would sound sweeter with the baffle removed.