Notices

Thread: Exhaust

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Exhaust 
    hi i have a 99 hornet 600 and its got a scorpion exhaust and just wondered what would sound better, that or beowulf exhaust any help much wanted.

2. Re: Exhaust 
    Platinum Member
    Scorpion end of, Beowulf are cheap cans made by the northern children that are not sent down t'pit or up t'chimney.

3. Re: Exhaust 
    All down to personal preference i'm afraid. As long as it makes loads of noise, does it really matter?

4. Re: Exhaust 
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_King
    hi i have a 99 hornet 600 and its got a scorpion exhaust and just wondered what would sound better, that or beowulf exhaust any help much wanted.
    I agree with Wiltshire Builders it is very much personal preference.

Have a look on You Tube - do some searches there people always like to show off their bikes with a new exhaust.

5. Re: Exhaust 
    Will probably be very similar. Go with the one you like the look of.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

6. Re: Exhaust 
    Funny you should say that Sam. I have a 2002 600 hornet and was wondering that myself.
    In loving memory of Mikkie Mahon 8th May 1986 - 28th September 2014. Taken too soon, ride free x
    “I WILL be a story in your head, but that’s ok. We are all stories in the end, just make yours a good one, eh?”

7. Re: Exhaust 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch9128
    Scorpion end of, Beowulf are cheap cans made by the northern children that are not sent down t'pit or up t'chimney.
    Hmmm Pits up North have been closed for years & very little chimney work around due to Natural gas.....!

However, back on topic It's personal choice & budget for which type of end can your after for me it's Mivv GP, but they are made by pasta eating, wine drinking, italians :

8. Re: Exhaust 
    Go for an Akropovic with removable baffle 8-)

9. Re: Exhaust 
    Diamond Member
    Oh yes baffle removed..... :

10. Re: Exhaust 
    Diamond Member
    I've had Fuel Exhausts on both my road bikes (SV650 & R6) and been really pleased with them.
    They have a removable baffle, UK (Cumbria) made and the small company are really friendly.

I've had lots of compliments on the sound (unless people are just being nice cos they like the look of my Ar6e)

http://www.fuelexhausts.com

I've got a new carbon Akrapovic can that I could fit, but the Fuel sounds deeper / nicer.

Oh.. and they are cheap too

Enjoy shopping !
    G