Notices

Thread: Car Headlights

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Car Headlights 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by porkies
    i don't mean to sound rude Swanny......but.......is the 2 min weather for your planet or ours? :-? seriously sun rays are affecting headlights? whats next moon beams responsible for knife crime?

genuinely don't mean to sound flippant but i find the logical jump between the two subjects very hard to see, but thats just MHO and each to their own beliefs, thoughts, opinions etc...( before anyone else corrects me :-X )
    Its all a conspiracy between electron's and neutron's Dan dont'cha know ;D ;D ;D

2. Re: Car Headlights 
    I put new bulbs in a few months back, no brighter but I now have some lovely daffadils ;D

3. Re: Car Headlights 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by porkies
    i don't mean to sound rude Swanny......but.......is the 2 min weather for your planet or ours? :-? seriously sun rays are affecting headlights? whats next moon beams responsible for knife crime?

genuinely don't mean to sound flippant but i find the logical jump between the two subjects very hard to see, but thats just MHO and each to their own beliefs, thoughts, opinions etc...( before anyone else corrects me :-X )
    No worries
    When the sun has a CME it sends out radiation into space some of which sometimes hits our planet and is usually absorbed by our upper atmosphere, which is why we get the Northern lights etc, but it doesn't absorb everything. I'm just wondering if there is a connection between the increased activity on the sun and light bulbs here on Earth blowing. Like I said probably not but strange things do happen. The last time we were hit by a massive CME was in 1859, which was no big deal because we only had telegraph

All I'm saying is that maybe when they are making todays bulbs and trying to make them more and more powerful that in doing so it makes them weaker and if they are hit by a small dose of radiation from the sun it hurts them and they blow. Anyone else have any idea why it seems more bulbs are blowing than seems normal??

Maybe little green men are running around with tiny hammers and smashing them???

4. Re: Car Headlights 
    Platinum Member
    Tried Osram Nightbreakers? Great bulbs, pity they don't last 2 mins.

5. Re: Car Headlights 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny
    [quote author=porkies Anyone else have any idea why it seems more bulbs are blowing than seems normal??

Maybe little green men are running around with tiny hammers and smashing them???
    As already said - built to a price, poor fitting, bad connections, poor electrics, poor quality control, cheap materials, vibration, pot holes......

6. Re: Car Headlights 
    Banned
    You're probably right but I also buy the top quality bulbs and never touch them by hand but still they go.
    I always think the potholes in Trowbridge are actually Braille so that blind passengers know where they are 8-)

I actually don't give a monkeys why they blow, I just thought it was unusual seeing so many cars with only one headlight working.
    :P

Hey Dan here's todays weather for this planet.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7O7uSI23tkw[/media]

7. Re: Car Headlights 
    thanks i think :-/
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

8. Re: Car Headlights 
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny

Hey Dan here's todays weather for this planet.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7O7uSI23tkw[/media]
    Actually burst out laughing seeing that in work! colleagues now think I'm some crazy in the corner.

9. Re: Car Headlights 
    Ohh dear Swanny please avoid any men in white jackets, they are not asking you to take part in an advert for DAZ washing powder.

Plain and simple.......... shorter days= longer nights= bulbs used more after being lazy and hardley used at all over summer.= brittle filaments due to heat exposure coupled with vibration= blown bulbs all around the same period of the year......... funny that, and you know this is for those who beleive in radical thought.......... screenwash and anti freeze sales may increase too

10. Re: Car Headlights 
    Banned
    Please forgive me for thinking about stuff

I'll do myself a favour, buy a tv licence and go back to watching tele