Notices

Thread: Car Headlights

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Car Headlights 
    I wonder about you sometimes swanny , you do worry me :-/ :-/ could it possibly be anything to do with the onset of darkness earlier so all those bulbs are now getting a hammering after the glorious summer and popping ???

2. Re: Car Headlights 
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosbie

why can it not be made law, like in France i believe, where you need have to carry spare bulbs for you vehicle. If you are pulled over due to a faulty lamp you can replace it there and then and if you dont have a bulb to do so you afe fined and given 3 points. Im sure it would stamp out the majority and wouldnt be much of an issue to responsible vehicle owners (maybe a little more difficult with bikes due to lack of places to store such items)
    I believe some cars need to actually remove the whole light to get the bulb in, I cant recall which ones but from memory of working in a garage there are a couple.
    Its a great idea, and for the majority of people would be fine, however, what about the little old dears that can drive perfectly fine, but they cant even open jars.. I cant see them being able to change a bulb.. plus there are people that dont even know how to change a bulb.. the list could go on...
    I think people need to pay more attention to their vehicles and if a bulb is out - get it sorted! Not that hard to check your headlights.
    As for the people driving with no lights, well they are just plain dangerous

3. Re: Car Headlights 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by porkies
    obvious bulb thieves Swanny...or aliens......or government conspiracy to bump up the sales for Halford?.....
    Or it could something to do with the sun, we have just come out of a 11 year solar minimum period and into a very active one in which everyday it bombards with particles, todays bulbs are a lot more advanced than those of 11 years ago. Just a theory

We certainly don't need any more laws thanks :-?

4. Re: Car Headlights 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny
    [quote author=porkies link=1350503645/8#8 date=1350543678]obvious bulb thieves Swanny...or aliens......or government conspiracy to bump up the sales for Halford?.....
    Or it could something to do with the sun, we have just come out of a 11 year solar minimum period and into a very active one in which everyday it bombards with particles, todays bulbs are a lot more advanced than those of 11 years ago. Just a theory

We certainly don't need any more laws thanks :-?[/quote]

In the past 3 weeks, i have had 1 x dipped on my car, sidelight on the missus', 1 x rear light my car, 1 x dipped on the bike, all blow I got some of those Xenon ones for the bike, and replaced all 3 bulbs, and put cree led's in the sidelights, just for xmas.

5. Re: Car Headlights 
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny
    [quote author=porkies link=1350503645/8#8 date=1350543678]obvious bulb thieves Swanny...or aliens......or government conspiracy to bump up the sales for Halford?.....

quote]

eh? :-? if bulbs more advanced why would they go?

extra sun beams? is that why i've been feeling stronger lately?, been wondering why my hairs starting to curl at the front..........
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

6. Re: Car Headlights 
    When you think about it, its obvious.... Its clearly the glow worms! They are going around sucking the light from the car bulbs so they can appear brighter as fluoresent paint just aint what it used to be particularly with all the extra particles bombarding the planet causing solar mayhem. We need glow worm proof bulbs.

7. Re: Car Headlights 
    Diamond Member
    If you have bulbs blow regularly there may be other factors involved other than just the bulb. Badly fitted bulbs, ones that have been held by the fingers (grease transfer), poor electrical connections, poor power supplies etc can all contribute.

And yes, my bulbs all seem to last fine - can't even remember if I have ever had one blow on the bikes but I do tend to buy branded bulbs i.e Philips Xtreme. Also have HID's fitted to one bike which have a 60,000 hour rating ;D I have had one headlight blow on the car but I forgave it as it was the OEM and 15 years old.

Always carry spares though - they don't take up much space under the seat somewhere. I would advise everyone to try and change their bulbs before they have a problem so they know how to do it. It can be really fiddly on some bikes and you can bet it will happen when its dark, raining and on an unlit road that it fails. Not the best time to realise you don't know how to do it.

8. Re: Car Headlights 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by porkies

eh? :-? if bulbs more advanced why would they go?

extra sun beams? is that why i've been feeling stronger lately?, been wondering why my hairs starting to curl at the front..........
    New technology not tested before in times of solar maximum???

I watch the 2min news everyday, there have been a lot of CME's heading our way over the past few months, just a theory of mine that they might be responsible for knocking out the bulbs. Probably not connected but who knows

Stay away from spinach Dan just incase

2min news is a good daily weather watch channel. Looks like some bad weather is headed our way, hopefully it won't be here before sundays rideout

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sLlh7pGGfE[/media]

9. Re: Car Headlights 
    Diamond Member
    I have found that those dam day light running lights. Sme drivers are becoming reliant on those. Not very practical in bad light or poor weather when vehicles are coming from behind..... : & other drivers have poor or no headlights

10. Re: Car Headlights 
    i don't mean to sound rude Swanny......but.......is the 2 min weather for your planet or ours? :-? seriously sun rays are affecting headlights? whats next moon beams responsible for knife crime?

genuinely don't mean to sound flippant but i find the logical jump between the two subjects very hard to see, but thats just MHO and each to their own beliefs, thoughts, opinions etc...( before anyone else corrects me :-X )
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....