Banned
    No worries Snowy
    The little green men with hammers was just in there for fun

2. Re: Car Headlights 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny
    No worries Snowy
    The little green men with hammers was just in there for fun
    The little blue men running around with axes are out there and it’s not much fun. : ;D

3. Re: Car Headlights 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by silly_simon
    My wifes Smart car blew a bulb just after its service and Wouldn't you know it I had to remove the complete front end of the car to do it
    I think this is half the reason we see so many cars going round with one/no/badly adjusted headlights. car companies now make it so difficult to get to the innards of the car that you almost have to take a whole day to do it, and if you don't have a garage you're completely buggered if it happens to be raining!

Especially with times as they are, everyone is a bit low on cash and shelling out £60-100 to take the car into a garage for a headlight adjustment or bulb change is just unrealistic.

I'm not making excuses for these people i agree its bloody annoying and often dangerous but i can understand people who simply, either don't have the time to do it, don't have the manual competence to do the job themselves (in cases where its not a simple case of two screws, change the bulb, two screws) or just cannot afford to take it to a garage and have it done.

4. Re: Car Headlights 
    Banned
    My wifes Smart car blew a bulb just after its service and Wouldn't you know it I had to remove the complete front end of the car to do it

I heard that you have to take the engine out to change one of the spark plugs on a smart car. Which means it doesn't get done very often if ever :-/
    They say never to buy one with 50k + on the clock

5. Re: Car Headlights 
    Platinum Member
    Not quite an engine out job But you do have to remove the rear bodywork, and crash bar and it helps if the engine is lowered to gain access to the bottom 3 plugs ( 6 in total ) and thats on an engine that is smaller than most 4 cyl. bikes

As for not buying one that has over 50k ! Thats a difficult one, Yes I would agree if no service history etc But the wifes has 62500 miles and is relatively problem free, I say relatively as I do need to change the sump and an ABS ring on the O/S driveshaft but they are wear and tear items on these little cars :-? :-?

6. Re: Car Headlights 
    Banned
    An ex's of mines daughter had one and chipped it, apparently they go like little rockets

7. Re: Car Headlights 
    As someone who has a bulb who needs replacing (which I bought today) I have no idea how to change it so won't be doing it myself lol!

8. Re: Car Headlights 
    Banned
    You have a man, that's his job

9. Re: Car Headlights 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazel-nut
    As someone who has a bulb who needs replacing (which I bought today) I have no idea how to change it so won't be doing it myself lol!

Hazel

Have a look at the links on this page
    http://www.clubpolo.co.uk/forum/lofi...p/t218246.html

If you and dabz get stuck just give me a shout [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

10. Re: Car Headlights 
    [quote author=Hazel-nut link=1350503645/46#46 date=1350665143]As someone who has a bulb who needs replacing (which I bought today) I have no idea how to change it so won't be doing it myself lol!

Hazel

Have a look at the links on this page
    http://www.clubpolo.co.uk/forum/lofi...p/t218246.html

If you and dabz get stuck just give me a shout [smiley=thumbsup.gif][/quote]

Apparently it's a really hard,big job! Even with instructions I doubt I could do it :-/