Notices

Thread: Poll - When is your bike going away for the winter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. Poll - When is your bike going away for the winter 
    I saw this on MCN and wondered how many of you have already tucked that bike up or are prepping it for the winter commutes?
    '12 NC700X

2. Re: Poll - When is your bike going away for the winter 
    Platinum Member
    I just carry on as normal...

3. Re: Poll - When is your bike going away for the winter 
    Diamond Member
    I'm not a 365 / 6 on a leap year. However, if the weather isn't too bad I will still ride :

4. Re: Poll - When is your bike going away for the winter 
    november ,december isnt normally too bad its january ,february that are normally the worst months for biking, if its wet months that make you put your bike away the bloody things would never have come out this year at all. ;D............. oh im still waiting to get it out for summer never mind put it away for winter 8-)

5. Re: Poll - When is your bike going away for the winter 
    Diamond Member
    Just got to find a day to strip the bike down and coat it in ACF50. I can then ride whenever I want but I tend to avoid ice & snow.

6. Re: Poll - When is your bike going away for the winter 
    Platinum Member
    I put 365, but that doesn't really describe it as I don't ride in ice or snow i.e. when it's not safe.

I have had my bike prepped by Nooj and that seems to do the trick.

7. Re: Poll - When is your bike going away for the winter 
    My bikes are tucked up at the moment due to me being abroad. The F4 will be staying there until March but the XJ6 will be back out when I get back to Blighty.
    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

http://tbex.co.uk/

8. Re: Poll - When is your bike going away for the winter 
    Mine are T&T all year round and ready to roll any day of the year - unless I've broken one and it's awaiting fixing of course!

I don't ride everyday and evaluate the conditions on the days I want to ride. 8-)

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

9. Re: Poll - When is your bike going away for the winter 
    ICE & SNOW is a definite no - no, if you do ride snow and ice something must be seriously wrong with you :, unless you get caught out of course. :-?

I rode 361 days last year, aiming 365 this year, looking forward to the cold mornings though, nothing like a clear dawn morning and a touch of frost on the ground!

As Gooz said, Nov & Dec are fine it's the early months to the year.

I don't ACF, I just hose the bike down, particularly after every wet ride where salt is present.
    '12 NC700X

10. Re: Poll - When is your bike going away for the winter 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Advrider
    ICE & SNOW is a definite no - no, if you do ride snow and ice something must be seriously wrong with you :, unless you get caught out of course. :-?

I rode 361 days last year, aiming 365 this year, looking forward to the cold mornings though, nothing like a clear dawn morning and a touch of frost on the ground!

As Gooz said, Nov & Dec are fine it's the early months to the year.

I don't ACF, I just hose the bike down, particularly after every wet ride where salt is present.
    Once I have ACF50 applied I won't wash the bike at all until April next year