Notices

Thread: Master-Tec of Calne/Devizes - Steer Clear!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Master-Tec of Calne/Devizes - Steer Clear! 
    I for one hope that we would post all bad experiences with motorcycle related services on here. There are a tyre fitters in Salisbury I wouldn't go to for the same reasons as described but that's based upon hearsay, not first hand knowledge. In recent years I have had tyres fitted at Micheldever, CW in Dorchester and Hayballs all without issue.

The problem at this workshop was resolved, it just seemed a shame it needed a re-visit and discussion to do so. If the mechanic is genuine he will I'm sure be being extra careful to ensure rims are suitably prepared before fitting new tyres in future.

I don't agree with the steer clear bit though and IMO its unnecessary as readers will make their own choice based on the rest of the post.

2. Re: Master-Tec of Calne/Devizes - Steer Clear! 
    Just had my bike serviced and two new tyres put on by Keith at master-tec and i cant praise the guy enough...he is very knowledgeable and doesnt mind sharing it.The price was very competitive and he was a pleasure to deal with.Shall be going back to him at the end of august b4 my next big trip.

3. Re: Master-Tec of Calne/Devizes - Steer Clear! 
    I read this thread with interest. A couple of weeks ago i went to search out Keith to say hello. I ended up getting my Blackbird serviced with him. I have just picked up the bird and TBH i cannot speak highly enough about him. Apart from doing an outstanding service on the bird, which incidentally feels like a new bike now, he was very informative and took time to discuss not just what he had found, but what he may find the next time round. He advised what is likely to need looking at in the next 12 months. Apart from the service "essentials", he re-sat my exhausts as he felt that one was too close to the swinging arm. The brakes were stripped and refaced, filters changed, all lubricants replaced including the scottoiller, chain cleaned and re-lubed, the list goes on. As WB says above, you know within 5 minutes of talking to him that he knows his stuff. A fantastic service all round at a very reasonable price. But apart from all of that, you know what made me realise that he does care about his customer focus? When he had finished servicing the bike, he washed it from head to toe.
    In my view. That is indeed, the dogs bollocks.
    I'll be going back for sure. 8-) 10/10
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

4. Re: Master-Tec of Calne/Devizes - Steer Clear! 
    Everyone has and is entitled to have an opinion. It is the others that decide what they want to do with the information. To me it sounds like it was a one off and he was probably having a bad day, but that is my opinion. Thanks for the warning though.
    When it's your time to go it's your time, so don't let it catch you.

5. Re: Master-Tec of Calne/Devizes - Steer Clear! 
    Tyres are a real pain in the ass, Ive fitted them before now and theyve leaked, after cleaning, so much Ive had to use bead seal to get the propper seating, Ive also frustratingly come up against many companies who wont fit a self sourced trye to a rim if its still on a bike, in fact Carsons are one such company, in fairness its down to insurance and arse about face legislation, As for refusing further custom I beleive it was a bit short sighted, bad customer service is a sure fire way to destroy a business, to get a second chance to put this right I would have seized with both hands, a happy customer is the best advertising campaign in the world, I would give him a couple of weeks to cool off and try again, it would be a shame to limit your options when as you can clearly see on here the guy knows his onions, personally if a mechanic was as good as this guys described, Id ask myself............... will a please or thank you get me home on a ****ty night or cold morning, probably not, but good knowledge applied correctly certainly will, some sacrifices are worth it :-/

6. Re: Master-Tec of Calne/Devizes - Steer Clear! 
    I've had Keith service my CBF1000 and he did a great job. Advised me what would probably be needed at the next service.
    I believe he may have been a troubleshooter for Honda in the past, so that speaks for itself really.
    I'll be going back when the bike's due.
    All of us who work in the Services Industry, whether a bike mechanic, plumber, electrician all have the odd blip now and again, and I expect this one of those blips. >

7. Re: Master-Tec of Calne/Devizes - Steer Clear! 
    Think the title is bit ott tbh Bigfish but your thread :-?

As we in the topic of recommending people--

-would like to give a big shoutout -

Thanks- to Pete [bobtheimp] at Anarchy Motorcycles at Calne/Porte Marsh who helped me out this summer---much appreciated
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

8. Re: Master-Tec of Calne/Devizes - Steer Clear! 
    I have used Keith many times, I will highly recommend him to anybody. I think its poor form to post such things that goes way beyond personal opinion. You must be careful to stick to facts. I will ask for your comments to be removed. I think its perfectly acceptable to explain your feelings about your service, but you must let others decide on using him or not.
    Counting down until my next ride out!

9. Re: Master-Tec of Calne/Devizes - Steer Clear! 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_geoghegan
    If this post is complete fabrication then it should be taken down but it seems to be about 1 man's experience.

We need to share our experiences. Surely that's what the forum is here for.

This is a very difficult one.

In response to the calls to remove the initial post, I would urge caution, as there is a real danger of throwing out the proverbial baby with the bath water.

Personally speaking, when I write a negative review on a business/pub/restaurant/band etc I always choose my words very carefully for obvious reasons.

As I’ve had no dealings with the business highlighted on this thread it would be inappropriate for me to comment, but allow me to make some general points.

It sets a dangerous precedent to remove all negative reviews on a public forum, permitting only positive reviews on three counts.

Firstly, it’s very difficult for prospective customers to then make a balanced judgement on a particular business/service under review.

Secondly, the public Forum then becomes in effect a media outlet for free advertising to promote businesses/services.

Last, but not least, such censorship would have serious implications for a public forum which embraces free speech.

I am intelligent enough to make a balanced judgment based on all the information provided on this thread, and would not hesitate in booking my bike in for work with Keith should the need arise.

10. Re: Master-Tec of Calne/Devizes - Steer Clear! 
    What we can't envisage is the tone of the discussion which resulted in the work being re-done "under duress". Seems like this guy has plenty of positive feedback from other members but all comments good or bad should be allowed to remain