Notices

Thread: Master-Tec of Calne/Devizes - Steer Clear!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Master-Tec of Calne/Devizes - Steer Clear! 
    I am driven to make you all aware of the awful customer service I have received from Master-Tec.
    He fitted some tyres on a painted rim and did not clean the inside rim of lose paint and aluminium oxide, when we got home the tyre was leaking! I done some research on line and asked around, I discovered this was normal practice on older rims to clean up the inner rim before fitting the tyre. I discussed the problem with him and I was surprised to discover he was going to charge again to put it right, so I asked the question, had he cleaned the rims? He had not done this, so I viewed it as his mistake and he should put it right! After some discussion and under duress he did put it right.
    However, he is now refusing to deal with me because I complained!
    You will see in my previous threads, I am quick to phrase good customer service and quality workmanship (Anarchy Motorcycles) so this is not me just ranting on without judgement, consideration and balance.
    Its important that our pride and joy is looked after and treated right, in my view Master-Tec do not, so be warned >

2. Re: Master-Tec of Calne/Devizes - Steer Clear! 
    Sounds like you had a bad experience. In his defence though, I had a tyre fitted there recently, after recommendation from someone else on the forum, and I was impressed by his attention to detail. Nevertheless, the days when 'the customer was always right' seem to be long gone unfortunately.

3. Re: Master-Tec of Calne/Devizes - Steer Clear! 
    Quote Originally Posted by jonperry64
    Sounds like you had a bad experience. In his defence though, I had a tyre fitted there recently, after recommendation from someone else on the forum, and I was impressed by his attention to detail. Nevertheless, the days when 'the customer was always right' seem to be long gone unfortunately.
    That was me!
    I use Keith and he's just serviced and MOT'd my zx 10. He picked it up and dropped it off and sorted out an electrical fault.

Sounds a bit out of character as he's a really nice bloke. He even talked me through a breakdown I had when I was in Austria.

Sorry you had a bad experience Big Fish, hopefully it's a one off.

4. Re: Master-Tec of Calne/Devizes - Steer Clear! 
    Its good to have a balanced view, I accept some would have had a good service and maybe some not. This is my view and maybe it is a one off, fairly drastic one as I was willing to go back and use him but he refused my custom!!

5. Re: Master-Tec of Calne/Devizes - Steer Clear! 
    Went to Carson's today in Melksham, excellent service, nice coffee and they done an excellent job in fitting two tyres for me while I waited and to top it all they where cheaper! Will be going back! ;D

6. Re: Master-Tec of Calne/Devizes - Steer Clear! 
    Just to add my 0.02p, I've also had a great experience with Carson's recently.
    Had both of my tyres done at the same time for a very reasonable price, had a good coffee and they chatted to me whilst it was being done. Would definitely go back!

7. Re: Master-Tec of Calne/Devizes - Steer Clear! 
    I would always give a great deal of thought before putting things like this on an open forum? could it not leave you open to things like a letter from there solicitor.

JUST A THOUGHT :-/ :-/

8. Re: Master-Tec of Calne/Devizes - Steer Clear! 
    Platinum Member
    As Goz says, but further, the forum owner is responsible for posts such as this, if left, it leaves Dabz wide open. I know this sort of post would be censored on other forums, and i know plenty of people happy with Keith. Mods need to have a hard think about leaving this here.

9. Re: Master-Tec of Calne/Devizes - Steer Clear! 

Big fish is just recounting his experience. Maybe the wording 'Steer clear' is a little harsh as it's trying to influence others and could affect business.
    If this post is complete fabrication then it should be taken down but it seems to be about 1 man's experience.

I know Keith and posted his details on here a while back.
    He is an amazing mechanic and I trust him with my bike 100%. Within 5 minutes of talking to him you know straight away that he knows what he's doing.
    The first thing he said to me when taking my bike in for the first time was
    "I've worked on a zx10 a while back so still have the torque settings on file"

We need to share our experiences. Surely that's what the forum is here for.

10. Re: Master-Tec of Calne/Devizes - Steer Clear! 
    Platinum Member
    Sure share your experiences, but direct people to 'Steer clear'?