Notices

Thread: Age old Question of Insurance

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: Age old Question of Insurance 
    Im only a learner but eBike was the cheapest for me.

2. Re: Age old Question of Insurance 
    Me and Caz are both with MCE. Did us one hell of a deal on 3 bikes and they are worthing taking a look at.

Your quote of £800 sounds reasonable, when I switched from my GS500 to the XJ6 I was paying £550 with 3 years no claims. Might sound silly but have you got any extra security devices on the bike that might bring it down further?
    When I had smartwater on the bike it took the premium down £60 and it only cost me £25 a year, so that might help.
    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

http://tbex.co.uk/

3. Re: Age old Question of Insurance 
    Platinum Member
    That's just reminded me.
    Carole Nash are doing free DNA+ worth £30.
    I watched the video and it looks like some sort of smart water system which you put all over your bike and then put visible stickers on.

4. Re: Age old Question of Insurance 
    Duc,
    Alot of companies are now providing it when you take out a policy as they realise how good it is at reducing the amount of bike thefts. Every panel is marked so it is more difficult to flog either the parts or the bike on if buyers get wary and take a UV light to every sale with them.

Smartwater, Datatag and DNA+ are the more commonly recognised ones.
    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

http://tbex.co.uk/

5. Re: Age old Question of Insurance 
    I'm with Carole Nash because I've found them the best to deal with. They're not the cheapest for my bikes, but not far off and customer servine is good.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

6. Re: Age old Question of Insurance 
    I changed to MCE this summer as the renewal quote from Adelaide (Surety ins through IAM) was uncompetitive for a 2nd year with them.
    Ducati Diavel Dark

7. Re: Age old Question of Insurance 
    Quote Originally Posted by Advrider
    [quote author=Mitch9128 link=1351150127/2#2 date=1351153185]My 'non-fault' accident doubles my insurance, go figure? Have a look at H&R insurance, they came up cheapest for me, they are based in Scotchland though, so a massive language barrier
    H&R are awesome! ! [/quote]
    H&R for me too. Much cheaper than anyone else with mine

8. Re: Age old Question of Insurance 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AHenson
    I changed to MCE this summer as the renewal quote from Adelaide (Surety ins through IAM) was uncompetitive for a 2nd year with them.

Hope you never have to claim, google your underwriters, KGM i believe?

9. Re: Age old Question of Insurance 
    Mines due soon am currently with mce but premium has gone up a bit even with 7 years ncb 8 years licence etc, will check out all companies mentioned here

10. Re: Age old Question of Insurance 
    Make sure if you do it online you then phone them after as they come up with all sorts of BS excuses as to why its wrong and you premium is now double!!!! When i did this all the security infor for the bike was wrong (not because i put it in wrong but because their system was wrong) the same with your marital status and some other crap too. Put my fully comp quote up to £1300 so had no option but to go with TPFT again... :-/ (at a cost of over £500).