Notices

Thread: Age old Question of Insurance

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Re: Age old Question of Insurance 
    will do!

2. Re: Age old Question of Insurance 
    H&R are awesome! !
    Gave me the best quote by miles (have had to buy breakdown cover separately but went with SOS motorcycle recovery who I know from experience are very good ;D )

3. Re: Age old Question of Insurance 
    shop around on line, take note of the ref numbers of the cheapest policy, try the same search again the next day and so on for a few days, they vary day to day i've found. You wont loose the cheapest one as you have the ref number!! Works, Try it!

4. Re: Age old Question of Insurance 
    Carole Nash , good deals especially with multi bike policies. when I come to renew I allways go online and get a quote, call them up and get the same or better price. but as someone else said, horses for courses you do have to shop around. DONT go with one company that is online only, my eldest did with a van and each time he tried to contact them or change his policy it cost over £24 in phone calls. Carole Nash are free phone

5. Re: Age old Question of Insurance 
    Carole Nash may offer free calls but they're as much a bunch of thieving bastards as the Insurance Companies whose products they pimp out.

I insured my road and off-road bikes this evening and before doing so, rang around a bit. CN offered the same policy for my road bike as my current insurers did. CN wanted £350 for it, my current insurers offered it to me for £210.
    'Nuff said. 8-)
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

6. Re: Age old Question of Insurance 
    Platinum Member
    Oh boy - I had to do this yesterday.
    In the end I went with MCE (fully comp) for the following reasons
    1. 15 months for the price of 12 months
    2. Free RAC roadside cover
    3. Legal £100k of cover
    4. Personal Accident (Loss of limb e.t.c.)
    5. Hire bike / car
    6. Helmet & Leathers cover

All of the above for £217.01

If youre shopping around you will find Hastings & Swintons very competitive.
    Believe me I know (60 'ish) quotes later......

7. Re: Age old Question of Insurance 
    Just today I've renewed mine via Carole Nash, they seem far better to talk to and know what they are on about rather than 'computer says no' types.

Generally I'm happy to pay bit more for better customer service, been with them for 4 years now. No probs so far

8. Re: Age old Question of Insurance 
    Platinum Member
    Carole Nash may offer free calls but they're as much a bunch of thieving bastards as the Insurance Companies whose products they pimp out.

I insured my road and off-road bikes this evening and before doing so, rang around a bit. CN offered the same policy for my road bike as my current insurers did. CN wanted £350 for it, my current insurers offered it to me for £210.
    Are you absolutely certain you are comparing like for like. CN offer a package which includes European breakdown cover, legal cover and other extras.

shop around on line, take note of the ref numbers of the cheapest policy, try the same search again the next day and so on for a few days, they vary day to day i've found. You wont loose the cheapest one as you have the ref number!! Works, Try it!
    It is important (but not easy) to check out level of cover and service and not just buy the cheapest as there are some companies that provide less cover and poor service.

9. Re: Age old Question of Insurance 
    MCE all the way.....met the guys at the NEC last week and got 15 months for the price of 12.
    Have been with a quote for 8 years but when they tried doubling my multi bike policy to £550 I told them to do one lol.
    Am now paying £185.00 for the next 15 months...some kind of special deal while at the NEC.