Notices

Thread: A word of warning - teenagers and Motorcycle Live

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: A word of warning - teenagers and Motorcycle Live 
    at this years trade show there were a couple of stands trying to get retailers interested in electric two wheelers.
    One came from America via Holland. had the power output to rate it a 125, in mx guise the suggested retail was £12,000. aimed at the younger market... dont think so.

2. Re: A word of warning - teenagers and Motorcycle Live 
    Believe it or not, the girl on the stand took 7 orders on Saturday and 1 on Sunday. Apparently most buyers are concerned mothers and they marketed as being Slow! as well as safe etc..... Apparently she claimed one 16 year old lad was quoted £2000 for insurance. Bargain £12 k for first set of wheels. I remember all my mates searching high and low for
    Gilera's, fizzers and the AP50 just so we didn't have to do 30mph, and all these 2 wheeler rockets were a couple of hundred quid, big smiles and happy days :

3. Re: A word of warning - teenagers and Motorcycle Live 
    Hmm lets re invent the wheel............ we wont call it a "car" oh no far too boring.......... lets side step and call it a Quadricycle............... WTF its a car !

4. Re: A word of warning - teenagers and Motorcycle Live 
    Splash
    TBH it makes me laugh if 'Mothers' think they are safe, one example... a small box moving at 30MPH on a rural road that has a limit of 60MPH will leave a trail of motorist wanting to over take... that right there is a cause for concern.. isn't it? Safe Really???

5. Re: A word of warning - teenagers and Motorcycle Live 
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbonnie
    ;D We saw it at the Footman James bike show last week. Looks interesing and I'm sure any teenager would want one

BB
    We went but didn't see this unless I mistook it for a bin

6. Re: A word of warning - teenagers and Motorcycle Live 
    Quote Originally Posted by Splash
    TBH it makes me laugh if 'Mothers' think they are safe, one example... a small box moving at 30MPH on a rural road that has a limit of 60MPH will leave a trail of motorist wanting to over take... that right there is a cause for concern.. isn't it? Safe Really???
    I couldnt agree more - it's absolute madness

That was one of my first thoughts when I saw it was restricted to 30.

Its gonna be a pretty scary experience for a 16 year old out on a main road in that tiny thing too surrounded by other impatient drivers tailgating and squeezing past them.

It did also look pretty flimsy.

I wouldnt want my daughter driving one for sure.

Mind you with all the lowered speed limits appearing perhaps it wont be a problem soon : :

7. Re: A word of warning - teenagers and Motorcycle Live 
    Quote Originally Posted by camlyd
    Believe it or not, the girl on the stand took 7 orders on Saturday and 1 on Sunday. Apparently most buyers are concerned mothers and they marketed as being Slow! as well as safe etc..... Apparently she claimed one 16 year old lad was quoted £2000 for insurance. Bargain £12 k for first set of wheels. I remember all my mates searching high and low for
    Gilera's, fizzers and the AP50 just so we didn't have to do 30mph, and all these 2 wheeler rockets were a couple of hundred quid, big smiles and happy days :
    I had the AP50 it did 200mph more than a fizzer. Flat out lying on the tank you could hear the sonic boom ;D

8. Re: A word of warning - teenagers and Motorcycle Live 
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinb
    [quote author=camlyd link=1353861372/11#11 date=1353919874]Believe it or not, the girl on the stand took 7 orders on Saturday and 1 on Sunday. Apparently most buyers are concerned mothers and they marketed as being Slow! as well as safe etc..... Apparently she claimed one 16 year old lad was quoted £2000 for insurance. Bargain £12 k for first set of wheels. I remember all my mates searching high and low for
    I had the AP50 it did 200mph more than a fizzer. Flat out lying on the tank you could hear the sonic boom ;D[/quote]

Nope Suzuki GT50K - hottest 50 on the road ;D ;D

Mine was anyway.

9. Re: A word of warning - teenagers and Motorcycle Live 
    45kmh.... that sounds like a mobile chicane!

I'd make 'em wait a year and get a proper car or bike.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

10. Re: A word of warning - teenagers and Motorcycle Live 
    Diamond Member
    That's a cool looking car ;D ;D