Notices

Thread: A word of warning - teenagers and Motorcycle Live

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Re: A word of warning - teenagers and Motorcycle Live 
    I had a standard sidevalve Ford Pop a while back. It would do 40 at a push but stuck to 30 most of the time.

I had people flashing their lights, waving their hands and blowing their horn at me almost every time i went out. I pulled in once to rip the guy behind me apart but i wasn't the 80 year old he was expecting and he drove off sharpish to change his pants.

I wouldn't recommend it to anyone let alone a 16 year old. I could take it most of the time as it was expected BUT as every biker knows, there are a lot of assholes on the road who have no patients which will make it a bad experience for a learner.

2. Re: A word of warning - teenagers and Motorcycle Live 
    Quote Originally Posted by dipple666
    I am sure several years ago a company called Robin built a three wheeled vehicle called a reliant that you can still drive on a moped licence at 16. This does above 30 but doesn't corner at all....
    The company was Reliant and one of their cars was the Robin, aka Plastic Pig due to its glass fibre bodywork - often popular as winter transport amongst bikers as being a 3-wheeler it was classed as a trike and as such could be driven on a full bike licence, without the need for taking a car test.
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

3. Re: A word of warning - teenagers and Motorcycle Live 
    Banned
    You had to disable the reverse gear to ride them on a bike licence.

How many 16 year olds are going to have £12000??
    I had a 2nd hand DT50 at 16 because that was all I could afford. I was earning good money, £70 a week working on a farm. I left school at 15 which mean by the time I was 16 I had bought and paid for my moped

4. Re: A word of warning - teenagers and Motorcycle Live 
    Platinum Member
    Return of a funkier Robin Reliant (but with an extra wheel)
    Yes it's just a very light & slow small car.
    A 16 year old with this - Oh dear! I can see the newspaper headlines already.......

5. Re: A word of warning - teenagers and Motorcycle Live 
    Banned
    I don't think they'll bother for the sake of 1 year, in my experience kids of today aren't as adventurous as we were, not many of them have or want jobs, they are very pampered and are driven everywhere by parents, better off just waiting until they are 17 and getting mummy to buy them a proper car.
    Gives them more time to play on their xboxes

6. Re: A word of warning - teenagers and Motorcycle Live 
    @Swanny not all of them mate. I know it seems a lot of them are lazy gits but...

I have a young lad [18] who is at college and has worked over the last couple of summers which helped him buy a small car...and he turns up one day in the week to get experience/help out which means a 5a.m. get outta bed and he isn't paid for that.
    Also know students who always work when not at uni/college long hours and I bet some do when they are there.
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

7. Re: A word of warning - teenagers and Motorcycle Live 
    Banned
    Yea of course not all of them. My two nephews were great and did anything they could to earn money but I know of a couple of mates who have kids that are the laziest things going. My GF's boy does pretty much nothing at all except for play PS3, he gets fatter every time I see him ;D

8. Re: A word of warning - teenagers and Motorcycle Live 
    Reminded me of the DAF cars of the 70's with the variomatic transmission!!!
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

9. Re: A word of warning - teenagers and Motorcycle Live 
    Reminds me of a conversation my mum had with some friends. They asked her 'how does you daughter afford to have a car at uni, ours is always out with her friends and never has any money'

My mum just looked at them blankly and said 'she works, she saves, and she doesn't go out every night'.

Some people just don't get it :
    100 Japanese horses now unmuzzled! Derestricted hooliganism has commenced...

10. Re: A word of warning - teenagers and Motorcycle Live 
    Splash
    Quote Originally Posted by lunalupi
    Reminds me of a conversation my mum had with some friends. They asked her 'how does you daughter afford to have a car at uni, ours is always out with her friends and never has any money'

My mum just looked at them blankly and said 'she works, she saves, and she doesn't go out every night'.

Some people just don't get it :
    ;D ;D ;D : : :

Cracking up to that, would have loved to have been there!