Notices

Thread: WB Finances 2012 !!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. WB Finances 2012 !!! 
    Regarding The WB Finances 2012 thread above,I would be more than happy to put a pound in the bucket every time i turned up at the Harp and Crown and every time I turned up at an official rideout. It wouldnt break the bank personally and if all regular attendees did this religiously the money raised would go a long way to covering site costs and more. So if I turned up every wednesday at The H+C and an official Rideout the most I would have to pay is £5/ month. You can barely buy a pint for that these days and definitely cant buy a gallon of fuel or a packet of fags. What say the rest ???

2. Re: WB Finances 2012 !!! 
    Firstly a huge thank to the WB'ers staff who make this forum, you are all fab 8-)

The donation at the beginning of each ride has been raised before but it could mean that someone like Dabz or Rosie or anyone of the WB staff would have to carry upwards of £30 in pound coins around for the day.

The suggestion of a monthly or maybe yearly donation based on how many time you do or might turn up to a WB event is a good idea, I'm happy to make a donation, will send it to you Dabz.
    It's Lilac... not pink!

3. Re: WB Finances 2012 !!! 
    Splash
    Following on from what Dabz said in his Finance Post, if the active users which consisted of around 1,000 people made a yearly contribution of £1.00, this would cover the costs.

Obviously we can't put an exact figure on active members but if the majority that contributed both online in posts and offline in meets contributed £1.00 or £2.00 by say 31st January 2013 as a deadline, see how much is in the pot (hopefully it'll be full) with Dabz then workout from there the best way to find the rest, i.e pop a pound on a ride or DBT before hand?

4. Re: WB Finances 2012 !!! 
    Platinum Member
    I don't bother turning up to rides etc but i frequent 'another' forum and pay the £12 to be a member there, £1 a month is f all in the scheme of things. Supporters there get all sorts of extras, such as bigger mailboxes and more photos, no adverts etc etc

I'd be happy to bung £12 in the pot here every 12 months too.

5. Re: WB Finances 2012 !!! 
    Diamond Member
    As WB is one of my favourite websites I am more than happy to continue supporting the site financially via 100 club and other contributions throughout the year. And happy to help out with any fundraising activities.

That said however, I would not be prepared to pay a mandatory membership subscription.

6. Re: WB Finances 2012 !!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by monday21
    That said however, I would not be prepared to pay a mandatory membership subscription.
    I don't think we will have that happen in WB Ken, Dabz has said on numerous occasions that he wants this to be a subscription free site/club.
    It's Lilac... not pink!

7. Re: WB Finances 2012 !!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieD
    Firstly a huge thank to the WB'ers staff who make this forum, you are all fab 8-)

The donation at the beginning of each ride has been raised before but it could mean that someone like Dabz or Rosie or anyone of the WB staff would have to carry upwards of £30 in pound coins around for the day.

The suggestion of a monthly or maybe yearly donation based on how many time you do or might turn up to a WB event is a good idea, I'm happy to make a donation, will send it to you Dabz.

The 'collection/donation' bucket will be going around at the start of each ride when it begins at McDonalds. One of us, who isn't going on the ride, will be there each month to collect. It was agreed that it isnt fair expecting anyone to ride round all day with the money.....all bases have been covered in relation to handling the money too etc. (Please ask if anyone wants details)

8. Re: WB Finances 2012 !!! 
    And please feel free to pm me any ideas you have for a bit of fund raising, i know the calendars already filling up, but we may be able to find a date somewhere to use , or we can carry it over to the next year.

cheers

9. Re: WB Finances 2012 !!! 
    You could suggest that anyone who sells something via the forum pops a few pounds in the kitty too..?
    100 Japanese horses now unmuzzled! Derestricted hooliganism has commenced...

10. Re: WB Finances 2012 !!! 
    I like the site being free to join and use. No one should be out of pocket to keep it that way and as I don't attend many rideouts or events I have made a donation.