Notices

Thread: Would like to say thanks...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Would like to say thanks... 
    Again i know the owner and can give you his contact detailsif you dont have them already and if you want. Nothing ventured nothing gained and after all money not spent is money saved for a rainy day (or new spangly bits)

2. Re: Would like to say thanks... 
    Plod got her Details when she came to claim the body of the dog. Hopefully there's no more damage than what I've described. What are Pheonix like for repairs, and will using them (as opposed to a Honda dealer) hurt my Warranty?

3. Re: Would like to say thanks... 
    Platinum Member
    and will using them (as opposed to a Honda dealer) hurt my Warranty?
    Depends how paranoid you want to be about it.
    Honda obviously won't cover any issues with any non-Honda parts supplied.
    They also won't cover anything where they consider the work was not carried out in accordance with their processes.

But I think most of us would go ahead at a place we trusted and consider it not worth worrying about if the work if relatively minor.

4. Re: Would like to say thanks... 
    I use Pheonix for my fazer, i personally have never had a problem, i know some people have, although more with Kevin's grumpness rather than a bad job/repair.

5. Re: Would like to say thanks... 
    They're picking my 'dero up at two o'clock. My leg is better today (though i'm not going to be able to run anywhere) but my neck and shoulders got very stiff through the day yesterday. i'm assuming thats whiplash, though its annoying its not actually painful. Will be glad to get back to work cos I'm so bloody bored!

6. Re: Would like to say thanks... 
    Platinum Member
    I would suggest you go to the doctors for two reasons.

You may get valuable advice on whether you should rest or gently exercise and specifically what exercises to do/not do. This could be really important long term e.g. prevent the formation of troublesome scar tissue.

Secondly (and I do think it's secondary to your health as per the above) if your injuries do become more long term you may wish to put in a claim and this visit would be evidence. I'm not suggesting that you would want to cash in on minor injuries but they could get worse, who knows?

7. Re: Would like to say thanks... 
    Good--glad that Plod has the info-

-now you have verification that an accident was caused by this womans dog--

-she is liable to compensate you for damage and any injuries---I repeat she is liable and you are in the right to claim

See a solly asap

let us know how much you get ...p.s. I'll have a pint

As an add on -free- ;D

the law relating to this is The Animals Act 1971 /

Section 2(2) provides: ''(2) Where damage is caused by an animal which does not belong to a dangerous species, a keeper of the animal is liable for the damage, except as otherwise provided by this Act

ignore the 'except' bit as it is not applicable
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

8. Re: Would like to say thanks... 
    Platinum Member
    See a solly asap
    I would check whether you have any access to free legal advice or cover under either you motor or houshold policy first before paying a solly.

You could also deal with the claim yourself i.e. write to her and if she doesn't agree and pay or provde her insurance details then take her to the small claims court yourself. This costs around £35(?) through moneyclaim online I believe. Obviously you won't get the legal advice, but it won't cost you much either and it seems pretty clear cut. Getting paid is of course a different matter.

9. Re: Would like to say thanks... 
    I'm insured with Bennetts, if I contacted them, will they deal with it? Having never had to claim for owt in my life, I haven't a clue how this works!

Apparently theres a gash in the road just past Rode farm, presumably where my brake pedal hit....

10. Re: Would like to say thanks... 
    Give them a call. Or you may have legal cover elsewhere - I get mine through my house insurance.
    100 Japanese horses now unmuzzled! Derestricted hooliganism has commenced...