Notices

Thread: Donations for site running costs

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Donations for site running costs 
    Platinum Member
    Happy to give whats needed mate! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

2. Re: Donations for site running costs 
    Platinum Member
    Didn't have the "Wellie" ready in time (It needs decorating!) for Friday but still ended up with about a 'Tenner' in the pot.

The Wiltshire Wellie be now be on the bar Fridays at the Pb
    [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

3. Re: Donations for site running costs 
    I am happy to donate in any sensible way, except paypal.

4. Re: Donations for site running costs 
    Dabz can you send me some info on the advertising front... I could advertise the shop on the bottom of each page?

Mikey

5. Re: Donations for site running costs 
    Would find it better to give in cash on the day's etc etc

Wilts Wellie could be passed round on all ride outs?

6. Re: Donations for site running costs 
    Yep, would be happy to contribute, like the idea of annual subscription, or whatever per month... Really enjoy looking at this site, and have had previous experience of similar ones so appreciate the hard work that goes in to the running and maintaining of this one, and, most importantly, the time that people volutarily put in to keep it going. Fair comment on this.

7. Re: Donations for site running costs 
    This is the friendliest biker forum I've known and although I haven't met a lot of you I feel like its one big happy family. I love reading all the comments and although I don't go on many rideouts I'd be more than happy to contribute towards the running. It shouldn't be too long before I see someone who I can give a donation to...to pass on to Dabz or put in the wellie.

8. Re: Donations for site running costs 
    Diamond Member
    Think James & I differ on the subject of funding the site (which is a bit of a bummer cos it's his site)

I think that “donations” don’t work, I think we have already proved that as I’ve only seen the WB Wellie once from memory at the PB.
    The problem with donating at meets or ride-outs is that somebody has to organise it - at every meet / ride-out !
    Even then it will be only the usual suspects that will donate, and that’s not “fair”.

IMO, the best way is for an annual subscription.

How about leaving the site free to view, as it is now, but in order to view the Events Section you must pay a membership (call it what you wish). I paid £6.00 to park for half a day in Southampton recently so I don’t think a £10.00 annual membership would be a problem for 99% of people.

This would mean that casual viewers could read 80% of the site but if they wanted to get involved in the fun, they would need to pay a modest charge.

This would help pay for bigger, better advertising, stands at events and subsidies at Club track days / holidays etc.

Sorry to go on (OK, not that sorry, you all know that I like the sound of my own keyboard) but I would also alter the site layout slightly.
    I’d take the “official” meets (Polebarn & H&C) out of the Events section so everybody could see them, casual viewers, members, everybody, to encourage new members to turn up there and get involved.

It also needs a big note to say how people can view the events section - no matter what we do.

We older members know why this was introduced, but only last weekend at Castle Combe, Lucinda (you may remember Lucinda ) was saying she couldn’t find where we met or details of ride-outs etc. A disastrous situation !

So, that’s my view, over to you….

Gerry

9. Re: Donations for site running costs 
    my main argument against annual subscription is the administration it'd take to process renewals, site access, etc.

Plus I love the fact that everything is free to anyone

I'll make sure the welly (or our new bucket, kindly donated by Gerry!) makes more appearances
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

10. Re: Donations for site running costs 
    Diamond Member
    Just my 2pence worth not that anyone has to listen, most never do :-/ ;D

Annual subsription is a very bad idea, ive known a few clubs gone down this route and broken to bits after 6 months of doing so over various different reasons, i would not want to see that of wb,

Other things being if you start charging for a service it opens up all sorts of legal stuff

Also i would say it would put people off joining, if somone finds the club who dosent know what a great bunch of people we are they wont pay money to join

Personally if it went this way i would pay an annual subscription and wouldnt mind paying it at all, but still think its not a good idea in the long run.

My views