Notices

Thread: Bike Insurance Question

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Re: Bike Insurance Question 
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWGraeme
    The bike can only be insured by its owner so the V5 has to be in the insured's name.
    Are you sure?

What about leased cars? I've insured a few leased cars in the past which being leased haven't belonged to me. Its a bit more hassle than 'normal' but you can do it. I would imagine bikes are no different but dont know for sure.

2. Re: Bike Insurance Question 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky
    [quote author=BMWGraeme link=1355701052/19#19 date=1355851153]The bike can only be insured by its owner so the V5 has to be in the insured's name.
    Are you sure?

What about leased cars? I've insured a few leased cars in the past which being leased haven't belonged to me. Its a bit more hassle than 'normal' but you can do it. I would imagine bikes are no different but dont know for sure.

[/quote]

Only from the point of view that I tried to insure my daughters car and was told it's not allowed to insure someone elses vehicle. However, I can't say for sure so best thing I guess is ring around a few insurers.

3. Re: Bike Insurance Question 
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWGraeme
    [quote author=Nicky link=1355701052/20#20 date=1355859581][quote author=BMWGraeme link=1355701052/19#19 date=1355851153]The bike can only be insured by its owner so the V5 has to be in the insured's name.
    Are you sure?

[/quote]

...... I can't say for sure so best thing I guess is ring around a few insurers.
    [/quote]

Definitely.

I know it was quite a hassle to get insurance on my last leased car and some insurers didn't want to know.

4. Re: Bike Insurance Question 
    Quote Originally Posted by noisy_lightning
    A valid point on the insurance side of things. Something I had completely overlooked.

Van hire it is then, costs as much to rent a van as the train was going to cost for me to get down there and collect it anyway. Now to find a rental company with some strapping and a ramp for the back to get the thing in and out with!
    Old plank a couple of bungees will be fine............ ;D

5. Re: Bike Insurance Question 
    Yup insuring vehicles owned by other people is a real pain, used to have a nightmare with leased cars :/ our chaps at work insure themselves on our company cars too and have to choose insurers carefully
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

6. Re: Bike Insurance Question 
    One van trip later and the bike is home safe and sound.
    :-)