Notices

Thread: crap sticking to wheels

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. crap sticking to wheels 
    Anyone else suffer with bloody chain lube gunking up their wheels, Ive had it before and wax when polishing made it alot easier to shift, Ive started using muc off chainlube supposed to be dry but its anything but, the ****e is all over my back wheels and is so sticky it really takes some shifting, ive used wheel cleaner etc but it still refuses to budge easily, tar remover finally shifted it but im not happy spraying white spirit based cleaner all over my back wheel and tyres any ideas ?

2. Re: crap sticking to wheels 
    Splash
    Worth Dry Chain Lube - I've used it for a year now, through winter and summer and can not fault it. I buy it from amazon through Laguna motorcycles I think it is. Cheapest place I had found, when I last looked a few months back.

During the winter I combine this with worth chain wax, this gives little fling but helps protect the chain a little more in the rain / winter / salted roads.

With the dry lube I generally re-apply every 300-400 miles or once a week whichever comes first (dependent upon weather conditions)

No fling, just clean your rear wheel like you would the front, crud free!

3. Re: crap sticking to wheels 
    Not tried removing that crap in particular, usually use WD 40 on a cloth to remove everything oiling from the swinging arm etc...... Hope it works on this.

4. Re: crap sticking to wheels 
    Yep - I've got white wheels too which are a bugger

I've found lubing the chain when it's warm after a ride rather than before reduces the amount which comes off, and then I use Autoglym showshine to clean the wheels.

5. Re: crap sticking to wheels 
    I always use an aerosol degreaser, any make. Spray a bit on an old cloth and wipe away, simples
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

6. Re: crap sticking to wheels 
    Diamond Member
    Gooz, try Vulcanet wipes. Type the name in and read the reviews. I bought them at the London bike show in the beginning of the year as they were half price.

Still half left and they are one of the best cleaning products I have ever used. Fantastic for cleaning bike between washes and can be used on all surfaces. Shift all the grease from wheels, bugs of screen etc and no harmful chemicals.

7. Re: crap sticking to wheels 
    it wouldnt be half so bad if suzuki in their wisdom had polished/painted the whole rim, half of each side is rough on the inners painted on the outers, the ****e sticks in ther like crap to a blanket, and cause its the rough cast dont want to come off !

8. Re: crap sticking to wheels 
    Diamond Member
    You going to the party? I'll bring you one of those wipes to try if you want.

No mess with degreasers and grease running all over your drive. Sorted. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

9. Re: crap sticking to wheels 
    We didnt confirm yet Ken due to other comittments but its now looking good, Im possibly running my daughter up to the midlands Saturday for time with her mums family before christmas back down here with us, hence the hoon to NMM on saturday, shoul :P be back in time quite comfortably so have to rethink and discuss with Sammy the Chamois

10. Re: crap sticking to wheels 
    Diamond Member
    Don't want to reveal too much but could stuff it down me bra.