Notices

Thread: I need to ride

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Re: I need to ride 
    Diamond Member
    Don’t shoot the messenger.

Did anyone see tonight’s news about increasing levels of rainfall over the past 60 years? If predictions prove to be correct we had better get used to it.

2. Re: I need to ride 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by monday21

Did anyone see tonight’s news about increasing levels of rainfall over the past 60 years? If predictions prove to be correct we had better get used to it.
    A couple of years ago the talk was about frozen winters where the channel would freeze and we will be able to walk to France, followed by hot dry summers. Take your pick really,the weather guessers are not paid by results

3. Re: I need to ride 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWGraeme
    [quote author=monday21 link=1356874677/20#20 date=1357240146]Don’t shoot the messenger.

A couple of years ago the talk was about frozen winters where the channel would freeze and we will be able to walk to France, followed by hot dry summers. Take your pick really,the weather guessers are not paid by results [/quote]

Weather guessers?

I suppose it all boils down to how much you believe the scientists? Not an expert on the subject, but would have thought rainfall levels could be measured accurately. I haven’t read enough about it to make an informed judgement as to how much of the increase in rainfall can be attributed to global warming.

Just saying. Lol ;D

4. Re: I need to ride 
    Banned
    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xcm9qsVaf0o[/media]

5. Re: I need to ride 
    [quote author=BMWGraeme link=1356874677/21#21 date=1357241826][quote author=monday21 link=1356874677/20#20 date=1357240146]Don’t shoot the messenger.

A couple of years ago the talk was about frozen winters where the channel would freeze and we will be able to walk to France, followed by hot dry summers. Take your pick really,the weather guessers are not paid by results [/quote]

Weather guessers?

I suppose it all boils down to how much you believe the scientists? Not an expert on the subject, but would have thought rainfall levels could be measured accurately. I haven’t read enough about it to make an informed judgement as to how much of the increase in rainfall can be attributed to global warming.

Just saying. Lol ;D
    [/quote]
    Global warming is a myth, hoax, load of BS..... Proven. There were a number of reporst that came out in the media a couple of years ago taking about how the scientists coming up with all the global warming numbers had been very selective of the numbers used in calculating averages etc

Global warming is a tax and nothing more.

Remember how were were/are destroying the ozone layer.... think again - the lage hole in the ozone they we kicking up fuss about has pretty much repaired its self (somehting we were told at the time was not possible)

ALL LIES! Nature is a work here ;D Dam you Nature, bugger off to the Sudan or Chile for this year would you! Please :-*

6. Re: I need to ride 
    Diamond Member

I saw that. Also that due to "Global warming" The winds coming down from the north carrying more moisture this will shift the jet stream casuing milder winters & wetter summers. We'll be known as Wiltshire Jet Skiers :

7. Re: I need to ride 
    There will then e moaning about too little rain.... ;D
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

8. Re: I need to ride 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosbie
    Global warming is a myth, hoax, load of BS..... Proven. There were a number of reporst that came out in the media a couple of years ago taking about how the scientists coming up with all the global warming numbers had been very selective of the numbers used in calculating averages etc

Remember how were were/are destroying the ozone layer.... think again - the lage hole in the ozone they we kicking up fuss about has pretty much repaired its self (somehting we were told at the time was not possible)

ALL LIES! Nature is a work here ;D Dam you Nature, bugger off to the Sudan or Chile for this year would you! Please :-*
    +1

9. Re: I need to ride 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny
    [quote author=Crosbie link=1356874677/24#24 date=1357291065]

+1[/quote]

There is not doubt that the underlying trend at present is that global temperatures are rising - its 0.18 degrees per decade IIRC as an average. However, what is more difficult to understand is how much (if any) of this increase is down to our misuse of the planets resources or due to the natural temperature variation that the Earth has - the main variable of which is due to the sun's radiation activity. Global warming due to carbon emissions is also one of these variables but it seems impossible as yet for any of the scientists to agree on how much its changing the weather from what would be happening anyway.

10. Re: I need to ride 
    I really can't understand how people still believe that global warming is lies/myth. Yes, the planet warms up and cools down on a cycle and we are now in a warming period of that cycle, but the facts are that the planet is warming an hundreds of times faster than the same period in previous cycles, down to carbon emissions.

Perhaps I'm as convinced by the things I've read as others are by the contradictory things they've read though :-?
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers