Notices

Thread: I need to ride

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
  1. I need to ride 
    Banned
    Feels like I haven't ridden my bike forever :'(
    Sat here watching Baron Von Grumble riding around on hot sunny summer days doesn't help.
    Almost tempted to get out on mine but don't want to go out on the roads and get the bike and me plastered in dirty spray.
    Supposed to be sunny on new years day though 8-)

Anyone else missing their bike??

Roll on a long hot dry summer

2. Re: I need to ride 
    Diamond Member
    For various reasons, in the past couple of years I haven't got out on the bike as much as I would have liked.

I’m making the most of the bad weather in terms of getting all the outstanding jobs done so when it improves I’ll have plenty of more spare time this year to get out on the bike. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

3. Re: I need to ride 
    Yes mate, seems an eternity, especially as I've had some time off work : been watching the baron as well, it must count as therapy ;D

4. Re: I need to ride 
    Banned
    Just took the dog for a walk along the canal before I started I was thinking sod it I'll go out but now I'm cold and muddy and can't be bothered

Oh well

5. Re: I need to ride 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny
    Just took the dog for a walk along the canal before I started I was thinking sod it I'll go out but now I'm cold and muddy and can't be bothered

Oh well
    I often thought those bikers who can afford to live in the south of Spain or similar climes for around 4 months of the year are very lucky.

6. Re: I need to ride 
    Platinum Member
    Anyone else missing their bike??
    Nope, but then I ride mine

So what if it's dirty.

7. Re: I need to ride 
    It will wash! Just power washed my 1949 Ajay! 8-)

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

8. Re: I need to ride 
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny
    Roll on a long hot dry summer
    I'll second that.

Not so much missing my bike as I dont mind riding in the winter but missing the heat and sunshine, and nice clean, dry, warm tarmac.

I dont mind getting me and the bike dirty as it takes minutes to swill it off after a ride but I cant wait to get up early for a ride on a hot summer day. The sort where the sky is blue the sun is warm, your visor gets covered in flies and you actually feel hot wearing bike gear....oh roll on summer

9. Re: I need to ride 
    I remember days like that too ....

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

10. Re: I need to ride 
    I've got loads of winter gear, it just takes forever to get dressed and I feel like the michelin man but its worth it if you get a good ride. Mud washes off easily enough.