Notices

Thread: Recommend tyre fitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Recommend tyre fitter 
    Can anyone recommend a cheap place to get some tyres fitted?

I've been looking at getting a cheap set from M&P but am struggling to find anywhere that will fit them.

I've called a few places and by the time I pay the fitting charge most make for fitting tyres they dont supply themselves its not worth buying the tyres from M&P.

2. Re: Recommend tyre fitter 
    Splash
    Nicky,

Not sure where you are based so can't help you on that but probably worth a look on here for tyres, sometimes you can pick up a good deal!. Prices fluctuate obvs because of the Euro - GBP rate.

http://www.tyres-pneus-online.co.uk

3. Re: Recommend tyre fitter 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky
    Can anyone recommend a cheap place to get some tyres fitted?

I've been looking at getting a cheap set from M&P but am struggling to find anywhere that will fit them.

I've called a few places and by the time I pay the fitting charge most make for fitting tyres they dont supply themselves its not worth buying the tyres from M&P.
    I think you'll struggle to find anyone to fit them that would mean you make any real cost saving. I buy off the internet as I fit them myself but if you're going to take them to a tyre fitters you lose any saving you made on the purchase. You also usually have to take loose wheels to make it worth while and quite often that means both at the same time. Is it really worth it in your case with the time & hassle factors?

4. Re: Recommend tyre fitter 
    Splash
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWGraeme
    [quote author=Nicky link=1358340004/0#0 date=1358340004]Can anyone recommend a cheap place to get some tyres fitted?

I think you'll struggle to find anyone to fit them that would mean you make any real cost saving. I buy off the internet as I fit them myself but if you're going to take them to a tyre fitters you lose any saving you made on the purchase. You also usually have to take loose wheels to make it worth while and quite often that means both at the same time. Is it really worth it in your case with the time & hassle factors?[/quote]

+1

Buying mine from France (Website above) save me around £40.00 - £50.00 depending on the exchange rate, pull the wheels off at home and take them in. Sorted

5. Re: Recommend tyre fitter 
    Platinum Member
    pull the wheels off at home and take them in
    I'm not saying I'm inept at such things but there was an incident when I ran downstairs for help when I couldn't work out which way to turn the bath taps to make them go off (yes it's true).

I think I'll pay someone else to do mine :

Last couple of times I've got Rob Jones to do mine and because he's mobile that's convenient if you have a puncture and don't really want to ride the bike somewhere.

6. Re: Recommend tyre fitter 
    Splash
    [quote=Ducatista]

I'm not saying I'm inept at such things but there was an incident when I ran downstairs for help when I couldn't work out which way to turn the bath taps to make them go off (yes it's true).
    ;D

7. Re: Recommend tyre fitter 
    Master tec in Devizes, Bathwick tyres in Chippenham, cmc in Chippenham
    Hope this helps

8. Re: Recommend tyre fitter 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Splash
    [quote author=Ducatista link=1358340004/4#4 date=1358352403]

;D
    Righty Tighty Lefty Lucy ;D

9. Re: Recommend tyre fitter 
    Quote Originally Posted by Splash
    [quote author=Ducatista link=1358340004/4#4 date=1358352403]

;D
    ;D ;D ;D ;D
    When it's your time to go it's your time, so don't let it catch you.

10. Re: Recommend tyre fitter 
    I personally wouldn't go to CMC.

Had good service and prices from both Steve Lynham in Swindon and Carson Tyres in Melksham.
    Keith at Master Tec in Devizes maintains my bike these days. I know he also supplies and fits tyres and he offers a free bike colllection / return service.
    Ducati Diavel Dark