Notices

Thread: WARNING

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. WARNING 
    Some @sshole farmer has dragged mud on to the road at the bottom of derry hill, Chippenham.
    It starts right on the apex going west bound (chippenham side) just outside the lysley arms so you wont see it until you commited to the corner.

If you're heading that way, watch out because the gormless farmer isn't!

2. Re: WARNING 
    also comming over Gastard hill from Harp and Crown towards Shaw, as you start into the twisties at the top to the quarry entrance, more mud, admitted there is a sign but not lit.

3. Re: WARNING 
    Platinum Member
    so you wont see it until you commited to the corner
    Rule 126 - Drive at a speed that will allow you to stop well within the distance you can see to be clear.

But I agree not very helpful and thanks for the warning.

4. Re: WARNING 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducatista
    so you wont see it until you commited to the corner
    Rule 126 - Drive at a speed that will allow you to stop well within the distance you can see to be clear.

But I agree not very helpful and thanks for the warning.
    All well in good in theory, but in my past experience it can be very difficult to see mud on the road on a dark winter’s night.

5. Re: WARNING 
    Farmer on Lysley bend has put a big sign out with "mud on Road" before the bend.

We live in a rural location and farmers going about their business is something you have to look out for.

6. Re: WARNING 
    Diamond Member
    Advice for Farmers downloaded from the Wiltshire Council website.

•Do everything possible to prevent mud being deposited on the road. This includes cleaning mud from vehicles, as far as practicable, before they are taken onto the road. The fact that cleaning mud off tractors and attachments is commercially inconvenient may not be a defence in law.
    •Only use signs that are authorised. The recommended sign shows the ‘Slippery Road’ triangle with ‘Mud on Road’ sub plate. If appropriate, the ‘Men at Work’ sign should be used. Signs must be at least 750mm.. Make sure they are positioned to give maximum visibility and warning to other road users.
    •Clean the road as necessary during the working day and always at the end of the working day.
    •Ensure that labour and equipment is available and is suitable for the soil and weather conditions present.
    •Where a contractor is used, ensure that prior agreement is reached on who is responsible for mud on road issues (signage, cleaning etc) and ensure that adequate public liability insurance is in place.

7. Re: WARNING 
    Quote Originally Posted by SupeRDel
    Farmer on Lysley bend has put a big sign out with "mud on Road" before the bend.

We live in a rural location and farmers going about their business is something you have to look out for.
    Haha nice one! Maybe this comment should be moved to the muppet section.

8. Re: WARNING 
    I don't know ........why can't farmers just levertate across the field.... 8-)

9. Re: WARNING 
    pmsl 'authorised sign' ffs!!!

signs for everything these days---I like 'bend' ones best right when you are in the bend brilliant

See some nonsense signs have appeared informing all and sundry that the street lights will be off between 12 and 6 or somat ....wow!!!!

Down a local lane water has been going over the road for months-about 15-20 foot wide--of course council not been along to dig out ditch or anything so with this icy weather they sent a gimp out to put an 'ice' sign either side ;D ;D...

..I do enjoy having to pay for these council jokers--worth every penny ;D
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

10. Re: WARNING 
    comming out of leafield ind est, there are signs up (home made) danger sheep on the road !! wonder what they are riding,