Notices

Thread: WARNING

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Re: WARNING 
    Banned
    I don't live in fear of death by motorcycle on muddy/diesel roads 8-)

2. Re: WARNING 
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny
    I don't live in fear of death by motorcycle on muddy/diesel roads 8-)
    It wouldn't be death by motorcycle, it would be death by someone else not giving a f*#k about anybody but themselves which, in my view, is not too far off of murder.

3. Re: WARNING 
    Banned
    Oh well that's still better than dying in an old peoples home

4. Re: WARNING 
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducatista
    Why would I not blame the farmer?
    Ken - Of course you would blame the farmer and claim financial compenation. I must have worded things badly if you think otherwise.
    I was merely suggesting that sometimes the financial compensation is not enough e.g. if got run over and were killed.
    This makes it sensible for us bikers to try avoid situations EVEN when they aren't our fault. I agree that's unfair and annoying, but that's how it is. In practice the onus is on us because we will be the one's who suffer. People can be forced to pay compensation or even go to jail but there is no way to bring someone back from the dead or change some types of life changing injury

If I were to slow down enough on a rainy night to make the risk nil, I may as well walk
    Snowy - I agree with you. That's why personally I avoid riding at night. I like to ride safely and I don't believe I can do that at night AND enjoy myself.
    Of course if push comes to shove and I need to get home then I do it - but carefully.

However if you were in said situation. Ride at walking speed or take a risk, then I'm sure you would agree that it is a choice? Not a brilliant choice I agree, but nevertheless a choice.

I think I must be an adrenalin junky
    Not really, the vast majority of the time there isn't going to be mud on the corner and mostly if you take those kind of risks you will get away with it.
    That does not mean that you didn't take a risk though and does not mean you couldn't have avoided it (I may have too many negative there but I think YKWIM).
    You make me want to give up riding bikes...
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk